Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What do you think of Party 93.1 ??

michaelmartin

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is one thing I don't understand...

Are 93.1 playing such old tunes because they are the only ones they can get licensed to play?

I mean, there is nothing inherently "good" in most of the tunes they play.

Radio and TV CREATE tastes, not just follow it.

I mean, do they really think people would turn the radio to another station when they hear something they don't recognize?

Example: why play "When the rush comes" 3x an hour when you can throw in eg. Satellite that has the same sound and the same audience.

There is SOOOOO much good dance music with mass appeal out there, but their playlist is abysmal.

If it has to do with licensing I can understand, otherwise there is no excuse.

Sorry if this was covered in this thread already, couldn't read it all.

---- XM RADIO -----

When XM radio was first coming out, I remember being sooo excited because I thought the satelittes signals would be able to give me radio stations from all over the world. I thought I would be able to get Radio 1, ID&T, and all that shit. When I found out it wasn't much better than the radio stations on satelitte TV I was grossly disappointed, to say the least. My point is, I think it would be an awesome idea to create a turner that picks up stations all over the world via satelitte. Many stations can be listened to over the internet so the technology is there, its just a matter of time. Whenever it is made though, I will be the first in line

eventhough they may cheese it out a lot. i think 93.1 is breaking down a lot of barriers for the music that we love "dance music" you see not every one knows who sasha or tiesto are. so i think it's a wonderful and creative way to expose dance music to the mainstream. little by little ofcourse.