Clubplanet Nightlife Community

club/edm/urban/lifestyle magazines

hey all,

doing a study on behavior and need some help...what are some of the lifestyle magazines relating to the club/urban scene that everyone reads. I am more interested in some of the smaller subculture ones, but the majors are welcome too..

for example club

Spin, Mixmag, XLRated

Urban

Urb, Vice, Complex, Vapors, Thrasher

send em on...thanx-Paul

HX

and

Next ~~~>would be the crowd you are speaking to at the moment...that is what we read. Hope you can read between the lines when reading those mags...they are alot more complex they they appear. It may be confusing for you if your not part of the scene...but, good luck.

Originally posted by muzikchick

HX

and

Next ~~~>would be the crowd you are speaking to at the moment...that is what we read. Hope you can read between the lines when reading those mags...they are alot more complex they they appear. It may be confusing for you if your not part of the scene...but, good luck.

yup, I agree musikchik. I've read both of those before.

Here are some others I am using:

BigShot, KnowledgeMag, BPM, Res, Index, Metro

still looking for more...especially those limited circulation magazines..

Originally posted by djstevemelnick

The best one I have seen was Xtreme Groove, it was all about the NYC scene alone and had a very nice layout. Unfortunately I have only seen 1 issue in existence, If anyone knows if it is still in circulation or where to find it please let me know.

haha, I remember getting that one issue of Xtreme Groove too. I believe it was published by the label Xtreme Records, but never got another issue.

I also get an industry mag called Club Systems which is pretty cool, but not really what I am looking for...

any more suggestions?