Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Thursday night mansion

livin42nite

Well I know there were 2 parties there last night so put a review up for whichever one you went to. I wanted to go to both, but once the playboy party finished they were having everybody leave and was tired so instead of waitin outside again just went home. Sorry to ave., I will make it to your party next thursday for sure. Whoever went to this let me know what you thought of it?

Now onto playboy :eek: I was suprised when I heard they were going to be doing this party and knew there was no way i could miss it. This is the magazine that when I was in third grade and was still afraid of cooties, my uncle had me look at it every week to convince me no need to fear the cooties, love em. Same magazine that I got caught trying to jack from a store when I was too young to buy it and they had a pam/jenny double cover issue. Needless to say I'm a fan of the company and love them playmates.

Playboy definately chose the right venue for this party as well, how do you beat playmates at the mansion. Place was nicely decorated with tons of playboy memorabilia. Saw that round bed, so many magazine covers, and of course the playmates. All looked amazing and were very cool. Got to take pictures with almost all of them and chatted up with a few, definately not girls with attitudes.

The music was hip hop and pop music, but I actually enjoyed it even though I can't stand the hip hop. DJ shortee definately has skills on the decks and was scratching a la james zabiela. I spoke to her for a bit and she told me I was right, hip hop was not the only style she mixes but she also plays drum and bass and other styles. Very cool girl and a great dj who can actually have you enjoying some hip hop. As for the burlesque show, was never a fan of that stuff but damn that girl was :eek: Definately made me a fan of that show and I think every guy there wanted to get in that big glass of champagne with her.

Overall an awesome night at mansion that I wish could have lasted longer and I wish I could have stuck around for the Unrated party but was not the case so next week will make it back for ave's party there to give dj pedro a listen. Good stuff and I know couple of people have been hating on the venue on here, but you guys need to check the place out. Nicest venue on the beach and definately the hot spot there.

Originally posted by CrzyC

I thought so too. lol

:laugh: Sorry bout the confusion, if any of you saw that new movie "girl next door" you'll see one of the main characters jacked the name. Great movie though if you loved those 80's movies by john hughes, kinda reminded me of say anything for some reason.

Oh and here is something about that dj I was talking about earlier. "Black belt, long time percussionist & now Playboy's newest resident scratch diva, Shortee has been acknowledged as the most diverse & technically skilled female DJ in the world. She is the first & only female ever to win the U.S.'s largest electronic music mixing competition, the Fever/Buzz Battle Of The DJ's held at Nation for Buzzlife (Washington D.C. - 1997). Shortee's unique contribution to the art of Scratching & Beat Juggling earned her a spot as the only female DJ featured in Doug Pray's award winning documentary "Scratch" (Palm Pictures) seen in theatres across the globe as well as networks HBO, VH1, Cinemax, Showtime, Encore, Sundance, Independent Film Channel & more."

She was really good especially for a hip hop dj and has some cool sets to check out on her website www.djshortee.com

And for the bunnies, this was my favorite of those that were there. Got to take a pic of her but I'll just post one of her from mag.

lauren_hill_03.jpg