Clubplanet Nightlife Community

DJ ODDO @ privilege review

mursa

...Wow, this once proves why sometimes those "whatever " kinda going out nights prove to be some of the best experiences .

Well we got there around 1230am , place still half empty with a nice chillout house music playing , everyone getting their drink on . :D

By around 1:35-45am still the same type of music going , im getting a bit bored as i craved more high energy . By 2am or so things start to pick up as the House definetly gets more energetic/harder aka "techy" , very similar to OG at times , good stuff most def.

Then around 230-240am or so ....Here COMES TECHNO ! Banging Bangin is all i have to say , if you are a techno enthusiast you definetly missed a treat ......................the insanity continued to around 505am......Im spent but with a Smile on my face . :)

:tongue:

yeah I went out like "whatever" also, just to support Oddo since him and his wife are very cool peeps, was pleasantly surprised to see the place nicely populated when I got there around 2, not to the walls, though it looks like it right when you walk in, perfect amount of people really, a very healthy crowd but still room to move around, so I wait a while for Oddo to go on, and when he does it's obvious that all those people are there for him, everyone starts screaming and going nuts when he steps up to the decks, I hear he's really big in Venezuela, and alot of his supporters live here now, one guy there was telling me how Oddo was the first one who really introduced to him to any kind of electronic music...

anyway Oddo is definitely one of the most active dj's in the booth I've seen, ever, bouncing and gesturing all around, really getting into the music, and vibing with the crowd, but he wasn't just standing there cheerleading either, he defintely knows how to work those decks and mixers, a real pro with years of experience to back it up, I can only hope to have skills like that one day! his set was very funky, housey, and tribally at times, getting more agressive and techy as the night progressed

one stand out track I recognized was tomaz vs. filterheadz - los hijos del sol, ortin cam rmx.... nice Brazilian flavor, one of my favs at the moment, I used to love Brazilian House but it got too formulaic and I can't stand it anymore, however Brazilian flavored techno is where it's at now, hopefull it doesn't get so over done

even b4 Privelege opened I was saying they should book Oddo, glad they finally did, and after how well things went last night I'm sure he'll be back soon ;) a lot of other little improvements at Privilege lately too, I wasn't so sure about how well things would work out for them, but it's starting to shape into the underground success story of 2004, as long as they can keep up the momentum during the summer months, and keep booking the locals like Oddo and Stryke who know what the public here really wants to hear

the dancers were great too, like they weren't incredibly professional, and kind of sleazy looking, but they were just perfect like that contibuting immensely to the whole underground vibe, keep them coming ;)