Clubplanet Nightlife Community

NBA rookie of the YEar?

bxbomb

people use the argument that the team of the mvp has to be a decent team, so i'm going to use that argument for R.O.Y.

The Nuggets have won around 25 more games this year than last and made the playoffs for the first time in 9 years...thats why I say Mello.

Originally posted by chrismakk69

I think Carmelo should get it...Statistically Lebrons got better numbers, but I think Carmelo means more to his team...

...Either way, its a very tough call...Both of them are really deserving of it..

If their existed a "Most valuable rookie" award, then yes.

Originally posted by xlr8ted

LeBron will def get it, he has better numbers than Melo... He brought the NBA back to life this year, its been dead since MJ left...

better #s ?

they are so similar its scary

James lil better on the assisits , but Mello got em beat in other categories

And BOTH have brought the NBA back , #1 AN #2 respectively in JErsey sales for the NBA

Originally posted by djprotege

does rookie of the year really matter for anything anyway? i'm sure lebron will win it and wanna trade it with mello for a chance to be in the playoffs if he could

In that case, does any award matter?

i can't help but think and compare glenn robinson's game to that of carmelo anthony. from their jump short form, to their driving, to their rebounding. if anthony doesn't put the work in, i feel he will end up just a solid player like anthony, certainly not a superstar. lebron on the other hand :eek: we have seen flashes of brilliance already. he's as good now as kobe was in his third season, and that's saying a lot. if the kid continues working hard, we may very well be watching one of the 10 greatest ever. but only time will tell.

btw- anyone watch sportscenter this morning. david stern was on the hotseat, and he said that while he's been commish, if he had to pick the top 5 guys per position he'd go with bird, magic, jordan(duh), shaq and kobe. very interesting, but can't really make much of an argument there.

Originally posted by calebb

In that case, does any award matter?

no, not really...its always nice for someone personally to win onw, but only the ego-maniacs out there really make it a big deal to win something like MVP ect

the only one that matters or should matter is a championship ring

lebron wins it hands down. landslide!

give lebron Melo's team...they'd be the 4th seed in the West not scrappin for 8th. Lebron had NO help..he made boozer and ilgauskas better..williams came in late..and mcinnis even later. Lebron is gona b a legend

Originally posted by ghhhhhost

lebron wins it hands down. landslide!

give lebron Melo's team...they'd be the 4th seed in the West not scrappin for 8th. Lebron had NO help..he made boozer and ilgauskas better..williams came in late..and mcinnis even later. Lebron is gona b a legend

not so much...lebron on the nuggets is faaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrr from 4th in the west.

thats a joke and a half

lebron is prolly the better out of the to straight up talent-wise...but there is no way in a freezing or melting hell that he would carry the nuggets to 4th in the west

look what he did in the east with bum ilgauskas @ center..and the only help comin from Boozer . Eric Williams was there for half a season...and McInnis not even that long.

now imagine Bron with Dre Miller feedin him the ball..and NeNe and Marcus Camby as a low post presence. what about Jon Barry and Voshon Lenard drawin the defender out to the perimiter..opening the lane for LeBron to drive? be serious homie..they woulda wreaked havoc on the West..

imagine playin Earl Boykins at the 1...Dre Miller at the 2 and LeBron at the 3..just as an experiment...with NeNe and Camby down low...thats a pretty athletic and quick 1-5...

lebron won this ROY..and deservingly so

i'm imagining Earl Boykins and Dre Miller and Marcus Camby and all these C list players with Lebron, and they wouldnt do any better with Lebron than they did with Mello, and Lebron wouldnt have been any better with them

Lebron on the Nuggets doesnt make them better than the Houston, Dallas, and Sacramento. Thats just crazy...

all those "c list" players got melo's lil whiny ass into 8th..and lebron is even more talented...and distributes the ball..and opens the defense up..and...man i could go on. dallas is horrible this year..and watchin the kings play the last 20 games hurt...real bad..

the nuggets with lebron woulda looked like the grizzlies with all their C list players...so y is it so hard to believe that they could go as high as 5th or 6th? melo is a great player..but he didnt have to deal with half the pressure lebron dealt with.