Clubplanet Nightlife Community

is it wrong to expect good service?

dgrutman

Guest saleen351

it's a fla thing, all of fla sucks in the service dept.. Nothing compares to the tri state area...

only crobar has a good staff, but their drinks are watered down..

Well, considering they're working for shit and dealing with snooty tourists all day, I cut them a little slack. As long as my order is prepared in a reasonable amount of time and is to spec, I'm not gonna bitch about whether the waiter is happy or not. Then again, for fast food, that is why they invented delivery service. That way you don't have to deal with people other than the delivery person...hell, some restaurants you do not even have to call anymore...just go online, point, click, pay.

Now if I'm at the China Grill or La Factoria, I expect a higher calibre of service. Goldrush too. BTW, do not eat there at 7 AM. I found out the hard way this weekend...I told Biz I was hungry, so he's like "go across the street, they serve food", so I did, and it took a fucking hour to get a salad.

Good service, from these clowns???

careers_pic.jpg

HAHAHHAHA!

In FL, I have to agree, genarally speaking the service at so many places sucks! I went to TGI Friday's on the beach not long ago and I was about to stand up on the table and scream "my drink is empty and I want my f-ing food NOW!". Also here you gotta keep in mind that at a lot of places they add the tip to the bill, so if you're not paying attention you can end up double tipping.

Originally posted by pod

Goldrush too. BTW, do not eat there at 7 AM. I found out the hard way this weekend...I told Biz I was hungry, so he's like "go across the street, they serve food", so I did, and it took a fucking hour to get a salad.

But at least you weren't completely bored for the hour. :tongue:

Every tourist on lincoln road is snooty? Come on, pod.

I have to agree with saleen, but I would say it's more a miami thing. Four out of five restautants in this town have bad service, even in some of the better restaurants. If this was Manhattan, a lot of these idiots would be fired on the spot. I constantly have to talk to managers to tell them I need to adjust the service charge they automatically tack on down here due to waitstaff ineptitude. Don't get me wrong, if it's good, I'll add on on top of it, but they should at least do their job competently.

and back on to topic .. i think you should complain if the service is that bad you are spending your hard earned money and time in their establishment the least they can do is treat you properly after all they do depend on your tips to survive.

Snooty, obnoxious, whatever. I don't like tourists.

Yeah you should bitch and moan, but take into account where you are. I'm not gonna complain about the service in a McDonalds, first of all, it was a mistake to go there to begin with, second of all, what do you expect from a $5.15/hr employee?

I'll let most chain restaurants slide too as long as I get my food prepared well and in a decent amout of time.

Expensive joints, if the waitress isn't working for her "service charge", I'm complaining.

Everytime I hear something about bad service at a restaurant I think back to that scene in reservoir dogs when the guy won't tip the waitress.

Johnny Rockets is a place I would expect good service from cause of everything the restaurant is supposed to be about. Unfortunately not the case as I've never had what I'd call good service at any johnny rockets in miami (falls,sunset,miami lakes) except for the one at aventura and thats more broward so maybe the others were right when they said its a miami thing.

Originally posted by livin42nite

Everytime I hear something about bad service at a restaurant I think back to that scene in reservoir dogs when the guy won't tip the waitress.

MR. PINK: I don't tip because society says I gotta. I tip when somebody deserves a tip. When somebody really puts forth an effort, they deserve a little something extra. But this tipping automatically, that shit's for the birds. As far as I'm concerned, they're just doin their job.

MR. BLUE: Our girl was nice.

MR. PINK: Our girl was okay. She didn't do anything special.

MR. BLONDE: What's something special, take ya in the kitchen and suck your dick?

NICE GUY EDDIE: I'd go over twelve percent for that.

Originally posted by dgrutman

is it wrong to expect good service at johny rockets.

i went yesterday to the new one on lincoln road and man was the service something i have never seen before. i know its just burgers but come on.

johnny rockets is overpriced crapp only good thing there is their shakes

Bling johnny rockets over priced???????? Bro the place is cheap, its not mcdonalds. Place may have bad service and I personally not a big fan of anything there other then the cheesy fries but complaining about the price there is like complaining for pollo tropical prices.

Originally posted by pod

Well, considering they're working for shit and dealing with snooty tourists all day, I cut them a little slack. As long as my order is prepared in a reasonable amount of time and is to spec, I'm not gonna bitch about whether the waiter is happy or not. Then again, for fast food, that is why they invented delivery service. That way you don't have to deal with people other than the delivery person...hell, some restaurants you do not even have to call anymore...just go online, point, click, pay.

Now if I'm at the China Grill or La Factoria, I expect a higher calibre of service. Goldrush too. BTW, do not eat there at 7 AM. I found out the hard way this weekend...I told Biz I was hungry, so he's like "go across the street, they serve food", so I did, and it took a fucking hour to get a salad.

what are you talkin' bout dan?? :confused:

there were plenty of appetizers goin' around b4 your food arrived. :laugh: