Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Looking to buy condo/house

matik

Guest brwneydtrouble

As a buyer, you dont have to pay real estate commission so id suggest just going with a realtor. Make sure you get references though, everyone and their mother has a real estate license in miami. They have great resources though, and can give you lists of houses for sale based on certain criteria you give them. Just make sure you dont sign anything like a buyers realtor agreement that way you can still buy anything you want, form anyone.

do some homework on what you want based on online listings:

herald.com

affordablecondos.com

ewm.com

coldwellbanker.com

realtor.com

Then drop in to an office and get a realtor to show you around. Based on what you find online you can print out the sheets and give it to the realtor and have them set up appointments and get the keys.

Otherwise it'll be up to them to find the listings based on what they think you'd like or what they want to sell (out of their inventory).

Also getting really familiar with the MLS entries online gets you a good feel regarding the market prices for the type of property you're looking for. Afforfablecondos.com also has listings of recently sold and the price they sold for.

AND, never let the realtor tell you what a reasonable offer amount should be. Don't be afraid to go low.

AND, don't hesitate to use different realtors until you find one you can tolerate for a while. And look at as many properties as you can.

Good luck.

real estate agents will say anything they think you want to hear, and most of them don't really know anything about the market, don't believe anything they say

get a good mortgage broker to work with you, have them check comparables to determine what would be a good offer, you can also have them help you with creative financing tricks

Good luck, its a sellers market... Real Estate is crazy right now... Give buyowner.com a try... Sort by newest listings first....

Dunno what your financial situation is but get pre-qualified, something you should do anyways before wasting your time and the sellers time...

Stay away from those free magazines and internet listings, the market is so hot right now that if there is a decent price on something you need to know about it the same day. Publications are weeks old... Agents will help you with this AND insist on not being exclusive to an agent... Get two or three agents cause some suck ass...

Good Luck.

Originally posted by matik

Anyone have any good links to search for condos in Miami?

We're looking to buy mid summer? Please post any advice that could help us out. thanks

Personally, I don't think you should wait until then... unless she's on birth control. Oh wait, you said condos! Sorry!;)

i just bought a condo this month....and i was lucky enough to find a good property on the beach without a real state broker,i made the deal straight with the owner and saved a lot of money cuz the guy gave me as a discount the comission that he was supposed to give to a realtor .....i found this on the news times ads...so give it a try, a lot of those ads are from owners:D