Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Rokbar ...

marcodavalos

South of 5th, you're totally right.

See, that's the thing, the beach doesn't need a non-edm venue. They already exist. People just don't pay attention to it. Many of the dive bars can and do have local rock bands on a weekly basis...in a proper setting, away from the trucker-hat wearing crowd...

Besides, everyone knows the real revolution in nightlife is happening on the other side of the bridge these days. I/O and SoHo (hehe it rhymes) have live acts all the time....and there's plenty of other places too.

Sound like Pod is really excited about Rokbar!

Hey, seriously tho, u say there are places out there, so can u tell me where to go to hear good rock 'n' roll? What's this Deuce place? The only bars I have liked that are that type are in Ft. Lauderdale. I have heard good things about I/O so I wanna check it out. :)

Originally posted by marcodavalos

Just saw an e-vite (sp?) for this Thursday.

Will it bring back some of the good things of the Sobe of a decade ago?

I hope so.

Life is for those who dare. :cool:

we agree on this one marco - remember the days of live music on the beach - g love and the special sauce and all the others who used to play rosies back in the day.. the kitchen was wicked too... we need to bring back the days of old.. anyways, get in touch marco, its been way to long and its time we catch up and move forward.... "progression of the scene is unity":cool:

My band has been playing at Finnegan's in Lincoln Road for almost a year now.

Hopefully this will be a cool place to go listen to some good live bands. on south beach.

Back in the day we used to play at Washington Square, Rose's, South Beach Pub, Stephen Talkhouse.....hopefully this is the start of bringing back live rock to the beach.

Originally posted by macboy

To hear great live music without having to carry a sidearm, go to tobaco road in downtown miami

That's all original music, though. My friend's band plays at Mister Moes in the Grove and that place is always slammed pack. Sure they are all full of shit but they are drunk and get into the music......it IS the grove..

I'll gladly trek to Tobacco Road over this abomination on Collins Avenue.

Besides, The Road has cheap ass porterhouse steaks after midnight on weekdays. Sure it's terribly unhealthy to eat that late, but between the booze and the itis, it's a good cure for insomnia.

And that neighborhood, like a few others over on the other side of the causeway, are the real up and coming places....besides, downtown is so much cooler...so urban, lotsa cement, sodium-vapour lighting, etc...i see it looking all blade runner and shit in 20 years.

Only thing good i see about rokbar so far is the sound system...installed by the boys at Infinite Audio no less.

I don't see them doing anything other than corporate shlock rock though. Give me shit like Sepultura, Ministry, Fear Factory, KMFDM, (basically anything synthetic and heavy) any day.

• 3 weeks later...