Clubplanet Nightlife Community

My new car!!!

Guest brwneydtrouble

Guest brwneydtrouble

Ok, so I bought a new car!! Well, not new. Its a 91 MR2, non turbo manual, black/black with 140k miles. And it only cost $1500!! Man I can't wait till the end of May when I can put that baby to the test on the autox course. I finally have a car that I can be proud to brag about, ever since having to downgrade from an S2000 to a civic. :(

So anyone have some suggestions on suspension? :D

suggestions for suspension:

leave it stock for now. You'll see why the first time you take it out on that AutoX course. Learn how to handle the stock car first and THEN think about moving up to modded suspension. Modding a deuce's suspension transforms it more from a "getting close to the limit" feeling, to an "on/off" switch... as if the 91-92 MR2's weren't infamous enough for being tough to control at the limit.

Just freshen up any stuff that's worn out and needs replacing like balljoints and tie-rod ends first, then go get an alignment.

I recommend looking at this page:

http://web.mitsi.com/autocross/faq.html

fresh balljoints and tie rods, a good alignment and MAYBE fresh struts if yours are shot. The car will feel great. If you want to leave strut replacement for later, or get a coilover system, that's cool too. Just enjoy it as it is for now ;)

www.twosrus.com has some little toys for your Toy and yes we want booty pics.

Guest brwneydtrouble

Awww...you guys love me! Lemme see what I can do about the booty shots next week when I pick up the deuce. ;)

Guest brwneydtrouble
Originally posted by daillestmattyg

show your ass i wanna fuck it

You can fuck yourself buddy. I dont deal with bullshit like that very well.:blown:

Guest brwneydtrouble

Its a second car and 140K miles on that engine is relatively good. Thats one of the best/most reliable motors toyota made especially considering that its NA. That engine will last upwards of 200k miles with no problem.

My beater will be my 02 Civic which isn't too shabby. :D

^^^see, this girl is planning.

Those motors can be shot, dropped off a building, driven through the desert at 150mph for weeks on end and still come out perfect. Oddly enough, the 5sfe's bottom end is beefier than mine and for a motor that has put out over 700whp on a stock bottom end, being even stronger is really saying something.

Guest saleen351

700 on a stock bottom end,,, lol......

thats a good one, it would last 2 trips down the quarter...

Originally posted by saleen351

700 on a stock bottom end,,, lol......

thats a good one, it would last 2 trips down the quarter...

if you don't know shit, dont open your mouth.

as if i'm going to let a probe driver tell me a toyota engine can't do something it's still doing.

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by cintron

if you don't know shit, dont open your mouth.

as if i'm going to let a probe driver tell me a toyota engine can't do something it's still doing.

it's a flat out lie!

even the vette, or the 351 short block can't handle 700 at the wheels... NEVER! Even a viper would not be too happy with that. Thats over 784 HP at the crank.... 12% avg lose to the wheels. It could be even higher with a trans and cluth and rear end that could handle that amout of torque and Hp. So it may approach 20% lose which = 840 HP..

Dude, get off your high horse, any mechanic whether working at jiffy lube or team goodyear, will tell ya, NO FUCKING ENGINE ON EARTH CAN TAKE 784 AT THE CRANK ON A STOCK BOTTOM END....

Bracket racers don't even put that much power to the ground.

700 at the wheels on the stock bottom end:laugh:

in an MR2 :laugh:

what kinda tranny and clutch and rear do they use? lollllllll 700 hp in an mr2 on the stock bottom end:laugh:

BTW, any person will tell you on earth, 700 hp in that car is worthless. Sorta like the TNT vipers, 800 ponies just slows it down, last time I checked a stock bodied mr2 cant' fit slicks..

so go on, pretend you know what you are talking about, I don't care about these message board wars, but the day a car designed in the 80's can handle Indy car power on the stock bottom end is the day hell freezes over.

glad i'm not consulting Joe down at Jiffy Lube or Team Goodyear when making my tuning decisions with a TOYOTA. :rolleyes:

Supras make over 980whp on stock shortblocks, pistons and heagasket included. MR2's are the Supra's little brother and we have better traction... so gee let's see here...

stock crank, stock rods, stock transmission. Forged pistons, HKS headgasket, 264 degree cams, Greddy T78 turbo, 100 shot nitrous. 756whp. 529 ft-lb torque.

Evidence:

756rwhpdyno.sized.jpg

you can fit quite large slicks under a stock bodied MR2. 275's, actually.

evidence:

launch.jpg

anything else you want to see or are you going to keep whining about Team Jiffy Lube's tuning advice.

Guest saleen351

275s are smaller than stock viper or vette or mustang wheels..

330's come with vipers

And on top of that, i've seen the dyno runs of the supras that put out 900 HP, don't know about stock bottom end, but they won't last 2 trips down the quarter mile, never! Throw in the juice and they are really not gonna last more than one trip. Funny thing is, you never see those mythical supras actually run the 1.4 mile..

I've seen some dip into the 10's and 11's, but they certainly didn't have 980 hp...

owned, I think not.

330's come with vipers

And on top of that, i've seen the dyno runs of the supras that put out 900 HP, don't know about stock bottom end, but they won't last 2 trips down the quarter mile, never! Throw in the juice and they are really not gonna last more than one trip. Funny thing is, you never see those mythical supras actually run the 1.4 mile..

I've seen some dip into the 10's and 11's, but they certainly didn't have 980 hp...

owned, I think not.

http://www.japanesemotorsport.com.au/driftmpegs.htm

scroll down to the bottom for a mpeg of a 900hp supra (it isnt a drifting mpeg)

330's come with vipers

owned, I think not.

1.) Am I driving a vette or a viper? No. Do I weigh as much as they do? No. 275's are plenty given that the harder i launch, the more traction i'd have in an MR2. Midengine = weight over the drive wheels, fella. I cut 1.8 60' times on 225 street tires, so you tell me if i need 330's.

2.) You dont know anything about Toyota motors apparently, so stop making stupid assumptions. There are 900+whp supras who have been running stock bottom ends for a long time and all those cases are well documented. If you don't believe me, visit www.to4r.com there are plenty of them there.

3.) The MR2 was on the juice as well. After two weeks, he cracked his block. Upon teardown and inspection, a casting defect was detected in the wall between the #2 and #3 cylinders. There are other 3sgte engines running upwards of 800whp who have had no further preparation of the block. It's not a heartbreaker to realize that you might actually have to sleeve an iron block at some point. The rods, crank and bearings were in perfect condition.

dude just give it up. you're making these lame assed assumptions that make you sound like you know little about american engines and even less about import engines.