Clubplanet Nightlife Community

My new car!!!

Guest brwneydtrouble

Originally posted by brwneydtrouble

Ok, so I bought a new car!! Well, not new. Its a 91 MR2, non turbo manual, black/black with 140k miles. And it only cost $1500!! Man I can't wait till the end of May when I can put that baby to the test on the autox course. I finally have a car that I can be proud to brag about, ever since having to downgrade from an S2000 to a civic. :(

So anyone have some suggestions on suspension? :D

Some weird coinsedence's with us eh?

I just got my new car on friday too

SS:D

Guest brwneydtrouble
Some weird coinsedence's with us eh?

I just got my new car on friday too

SS:D

Yeah!!! What did you end up getting?? I have to take you for a ride in the Two, youre gonna love it. Screw hondas. *lol*

Ok, so I bought a new car!! Well, not new. Its a 91 MR2, non turbo manual, black/black with 140k miles. And it only cost $1500!! Man I can't wait till the end of May when I can put that baby to the test on the autox course. I finally have a car that I can be proud to brag about, ever since having to downgrade from an S2000 to a civic. :(

So anyone have some suggestions on suspension? :D

perfect car for that kinda thing(autox), should be fun, enjoy! Civic from an S2000 isn't really a downgrade :rolleyes: ahhaha j/k

And on top of that, i've seen the dyno runs of the supras that put out 900 HP, don't know about stock bottom end, but they won't last 2 trips down the quarter mile, never! Throw in the juice and they are really not gonna last more than one trip. Funny thing is, you never see those mythical supras actually run the 1.4 mile..

I've seen some dip into the 10's and 11's, but they certainly didn't have 980 hp...

owned, I think not.

www.highboost.com/movies/TitanRace/titan9sec.avi

My mr2 is powered by magic and has 1048hp at the wheels on low boost on the stock bottom end and runs low 6's on street tires.

if you mistake me for some know-nothing ricer, you'll be disappointed.

I spend more time doing wind tunnel testing and fluid dynamics then you spend on this board trying to get on my dick.

Guest brwneydtrouble
nice.... i've always liked mr2's.... i'm sure you won't let me down hookin' it up.

btw, i still have the spare key to the s2000, you know where it's at?? let's go for a joy ride ;)

Thanks Rog. :) No, my dad told me that they sold it somewhere out of the state. Besides, I have the 2 for a joyride now. More torque, more fun. Ill let you drive it when I make a few mods. Its going in the shop next month for clutch and brake upgrades. This one will be way more of a project with WAY more mods. I can't wait to get started. *lol*

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
suggestions for suspension:

leave it stock for now. You'll see why the first time you take it out on that AutoX course. Learn how to handle the stock car first and THEN think about moving up to modded suspension. Modding a deuce's suspension transforms it more from a "getting close to the limit" feeling, to an "on/off" switch... as if the 91-92 MR2's weren't infamous enough for being tough to control at the limit.

Just freshen up any stuff that's worn out and needs replacing like balljoints and tie-rod ends first, then go get an alignment.

I recommend looking at this page:

http://web.mitsi.com/autocross/faq.html

fresh balljoints and tie rods, a good alignment and MAYBE fresh struts if yours are shot. The car will feel great. If you want to leave strut replacement for later, or get a coilover system, that's cool too. Just enjoy it as it is for now ;)

www.twosrus.com has some little toys for your Toy and yes we want booty pics.

what a coilover system? :pint:

Guest brwneydtrouble

damn this thread is old.

UPDATE: The car is sitting at my moms house with a dead alternator and mold since the window was cracked open. :laugh: Thats ok, eventually it will be stripped and initerior redone.

As for the suspension, Im thinking Teins but thats not for a little while.

damn this thread is old.

UPDATE: The car is sitting at my moms house with a dead alternator and mold since the window was cracked open. :laugh: Thats ok, eventually it will be stripped and initerior redone.

As for the suspension, Im thinking Teins but thats not for a little while.

so u got a $100ish alternator that is dead? what happened to the ::cough clutch and brakes upgrades? ::cough

:makeout::pint: