Clubplanet Nightlife Community

crobar Event Listings-May/June

crobarposter

May/June Events

Thursday 05.13.04: Starting Thursday May 13th, crobar presents SUPERSIZE Thursdays, the largest ladies/industry night in Chicago. Supersize Launch -Main floor resident DJs with special guest Julian ‘Jumpin’ Perez I Billy Corgan (Smashing Pumpkins/Zwan), Brian Leisegang (Filter), Chris Holmes & Andrew Vonn in the Rock Room

Friday 05.14.04: Felix & Friends: CD release party for ‘Devin Dazzle & the Neon Fever,’ Felix da Housecat’s new full length album on Emperor Norton Records

Main floor DJs Felix da Housecat, Frique & Victor R. | Wizz Kidd in the Suite

Saturay 05.15.04: Maidn floor DJs Marc Ryan and Teri Bristol|Nathan Scott in the Suite

Sunday 05.16.04: Anthem featuring Ralphi Rosario

Thursday 05.20.04: Supersize -Main floor resident DJs with special guests Greg Corner & Johnny Rocket (Kill Hannah), Zim Zum (Marilyn Manson) in the Rock Room

Friday 05.21.04: Main floor DJs Frique & Victor R. | Wizz Kidd in the Suite

Saturday 05.22.04: Main floor DJs Marc Ryan and Teri Bristol|Nathan Scott in the Suite, Madhatter’s Ball After Party

Sunday 05.23.04: Anthem Revival featuring Teri Bristol

Memorial Day Weekend

Thursday 05.27.04: Supersize

Friday 05.28.04: Main floor DJs Frique & Victor R. | Wizz Kidd in the Suite

Saturday 05.29.04: Main floor DJs Marc Ryan and Teri Bristol|Nathan Scott in the Suite

Sunday 05.30.04: Anthem - IML Weekend with DJ Abel

Thursday 06.03.04: Supersize

Friday 06.04.04: Main floor DJs Frique & Victor R. | Wizz Kidd in the Suite

Saturday 06.05.04: Main floor DJs Marc Ryan and Teri Bristol|Nathan Scott in the Suite

crobar | 1543 North Kingsbury | Chicago | Info 312.266.1900 | www.crobar.com

WOW - this looks like the exact same schedule since you reopened in October. Good to see you guys are trying something new!! Get some fresh talent for Christ sakes - this lineup is getting old

you been to crobar lately? its packed every week. They dont need any talent, as long as theyre making $..

you been to crobar lately? its packed every week. They dont need any talent, as long as theyre making $..

Was back in town for the first time since January and was there this past Saturday. It was the same as it always is. Got there around 2 and it was hardly packed except for the VIP room. I'm sure they are making $$ which is what it is all about, and I'm happy for them. Its just too bad they aren't commited to bringing in good music like the Miami and NY Crobars do. I've been to all three and this is by far the worst out of the bunch.

Was back in town for the first time since January and was there this past Saturday. It was the same as it always is. Got there around 2 and it was hardly packed except for the VIP room. I'm sure they are making $$ which is what it is all about, and I'm happy for them. Its just too bad they aren't commited to bringing in good music like the Miami and NY Crobars do. I've been to all three and this is by far the worst out of the bunch.

Thats too bad, there are other clubs in the city that bring talent every week. Crobar caters to a different market, and they're good at it, different approach then NYC or South Beach..

• 2 weeks later...

I call BullShit. Every Saturday that I come out, if I dont get over to Crobar before 1am, then I have to wait like 45 mins because they are @ capacity....and I fucking work for Teri :mad:

Why pay big names to come into Crobar Chicago, when they are bringing in good crowds (I hear) on Friday, are packed on Saturdays and have allways had a great following on Sunday?

Absolutly NONE. If it aint broke, dont fix it. Just because you dont like the night, does not mean there are not others like myself that do.

Z

p.s. NO, I DONT WORK FOR CROBAR

Thats wonderful - thanks for the info. Too bad your about 2 weeks too late on this one. I actually didn't have to wait b/c I walked in w/ my sister and some promotor for Crobar and onterage who apparently knows Byrd (one of the doormen). I'm sure you and many other enjoy the party and I'm happy for you. I personally don't think that the party is all that - music is so so and the vibe is non-existant. The only thing Crobar has is a nice space - but this would be sooo much better with new top name Dj's coming in like soundbar and Vision. They used to do this but I guess music isn't their priorty anymore - which is why they are by far the worst of the 3 Crobars. I'm glad they are making money and am thrilled to hear you are having fun. I don't live out there anymore so I really don't care too much about that scene. I was just disapointed when I came home - but I've been used to this w/ Crobar since they reopened last fall.