Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Video Shows Beheading of American in Iraq

Video Shows Beheading of American in Iraq

NewsMax.com Wires

Tuesday, May 11, 2004

CAIRO, Egypt – A video posted Tuesday on an al-Qaida-linked Web site showed the beheading an American civilian in Iraq in what was said to be revenge for abuse of Iraqi prisoners.

The video showed five men wearing headscarves and black ski masks, standing over a bound man in an orange jumpsuit, similar to a prisoner's uniform. The man identified himself as Nick Berg, a U.S. civilian whose body was found Saturday near a highway overpass in Baghdad.

"My name is Nick Berg. My father's name is Michael. My mother's name is Suzanne," the man said on the video. "I have a brother and sister, David and Sarah. I live in ... Philadelphia."

After reading a statement, the men were seen pulling the man to his side and putting a large knife to his neck. A scream sounded as the men cut his head off, shouting "Allahu akbar!" - "God is great!" They then held the head up to the camera.

The slaying recalled the kidnapping and videotaped beheading of Wall Street Journal reporter Daniel Pearl in 2002 in Pakistan. Four Islamic militants have been convicted of kidnapping Pearl, but seven other suspects, including those who allegedly slit his throat, remain at large.

The chief of Iraq's war crimes tribunal, meanwhile, said trials of Saddam Hussein and others would begin next year, although U.S. officials disputed the statement.

Berg was a small-business owner from West Chester, Pa., a Philadelphia suburb, his family said Tuesday.

"For the mothers and wives of American soldiers, we tell you that we offered the U.S. administration to exchange this hostage with some of the detainees in Abu Ghraib, and they refused," one of the men read from a statement.

'Dignity' ... 'Coffins After Coffins'

"So we tell you that the dignity of the Muslim men and women in Abu Ghraib and others is not redeemed except by blood and souls. You will not receive anything from us but coffins after coffins ... slaughtered in this way."

The video bore the title "Abu Musab al-Zarqawi shown slaughtering an American." It was unclear whether al-Zarqawi, a lieutenant of Osama bin Laden, was shown in the video, or was claiming blame for ordering the execution.

The Web site on which the video was posted is known as a clearinghouse for al-Qaida and Islamic extremist groups' statements and tapes.

Photographs of Iraqi prisoners being humiliated have reverberated throughout the Arab world and have intensified anti-Western sentiment.

The head of the U.S.-led occupation of Iraq, L. Paul Bremer, said the soldiers accused of abuses would be brought to justice.

'Outrageous'

"I find the behavior of these American soldiers completely unacceptable and outrageous," Bremer said in an interview with Associated Press Television News. "I share the outrage of the Iraqi people and the people of the world as to what these guys did. They don't represent America, and they don't represent the face of the American military."

Seven soldiers from the 372nd Military Police Company face charges in the mistreatment of prisoners at Abu Ghraib prison. The first one to go to trial, Spc. Jeremy C. Sivits of Hyndman, Pa., faces a court-martial in Baghdad next week.

The head of Iraq's war crimes tribunal said Tuesday the United States has pledged to hand over Saddam and dozens of other suspects from the ousted regime to Iraqi authorities by the time some sovereignty is restored June 30. U.S. officials disputed that any decisions on timing had been made.

Salem Chalabi said in Kuwait that trials would begin next year and that judges would receive "files" on the suspects at the end of this year.

"We will put 100 people ... including Saddam Hussein, on trial," he said. The suspects, he added, "will be delivered to us by the coalition before the transfer of power."

Secretary of State Colin Powell said he did not know anything about handing over Saddam. State Department spokesman Richard Boucher said that as far as he knew there was no decision on when or in what time frame to hand over the ousted Iraqi leader, who has been in U.S. custody since he was captured Dec. 13.

Ali Hassan al-Majid, known as "Chemical Ali" for his use of chemical weapons against the Kurds in the 1980s, could be one of the first to stand trial, Chalabi said.

The Real Outrage

The United States estimates that Saddam's government killed at least 300,000 Iraqis. Some human rights groups say the number is closer to 1 million.

No charges have yet been filed against Saddam or other suspects from his regime, but human rights groups have said the tribunal expects to try leaders for genocide, war crimes and crimes against humanity.

Berg, 26, had been missing since April 9, the same day insurgents attacked a U.S. convoy west of the capital.

His family said they were informed Monday by the State Department that Berg was found dead in Baghdad. His mother, Suzanne, said he was in Iraq as an independent businessman to help rebuild communication antennas. He had been missing since April 9, she said.

Suzanne Berg said she was told her son's body would be transported to Kuwait and then to Dover, Del. She said that the family had been trying for weeks to learn where their son was but that federal officials had not been helpful. "I basically ended up doing most of the investigating myself," she said.

The Russian Foreign Ministry, meanwhile, said one Russian energy company worker was confirmed dead and two others abducted Monday when gunmen fired on their car south of Baghdad. An Iraqi serving as a bodyguard and translator was wounded, said Yevgeny Loginov, spokesman for the Interenergoservis energy company.

Convoy Attacked

Gunmen attacked a U.S.-run civilian convoy operated by workers hired by a subcontractor of Kellogg Brown & Root in the western desert about 230 miles west of Baghdad. A motorist said he saw six burned vehicles, including one Iraqi civilian car caught in the crossfire.

Halliburton Corp. spokeswoman Wendy Hall said "to our knowledge, all drivers have been accounted for." She said the workers had been hired by a subcontractor for Kellogg Brown & Root, a subsidiary of Halliburton.

April 9 also was the day that seven American contractors working for a subsidiary of Halliburton and two military men disappeared after their supply convoy was attacked on the outskirts of Baghdad. Four of the Halliburton workers and one of the military men have since been confirmed dead. Halliburton worker Thomas Hamill escaped his captors May 2 and returned home to Mississippi on Saturday. The other two Halliburton workers and the other soldier remain missing.

Two military men also vanished; one was later found dead and the other, Pfc. Keith M. Maupin of Batavia, Ohio, was taken captive and remains missing.

Anti-Western sentiment flared following the crackdown on Shiite extremists and the three-week Marine siege of Fallujah west of Baghdad. Sentiment intensified with the publication of photos showing U.S. soldiers abusing and humiliating Iraqis in Abu Ghraib.

In other developments:

U.S. forces clashed with radical cleric Muqtada al-Sadr's militia in the southern city of Kufa late Monday, killing at least five Iraqis and injuring 14 others, hospital officials said. Kufa is near Najaf, where al-Sadr took refuge last month after U.S. authorities announced they were seeking him in the assassination last year of a moderate cleric.

The new U.S.-appointed Najaf governor, Adnan al-Zurufi, said he would ask occupation authorities to defer murder charges against al-Sadr under a proposed deal to end the standoff with his Shiite Muslim militia.

A homemade bomb exploded in a crowded market in the northern city of Kirkuk, killing four Iraqis and injuring 23, a security official said.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

does anyone have the actual link to see the beheading??

and why the fuck isnt everyone bitching about these terrorists fucks for doing that to our prisoners??? we didnt fuckin behead any of their people? are you all saying its ok for them to act this way? saying that its acceptable?? sorry that they need to be humiliated in some cases to get shit out of them or because they were the same fucks shooting at you the night before???

all you people are fucking insane

does anyone have the actual link to see the beheading??

and why the fuck isnt everyone bitching about these terrorists fucks for doing that to our prisoners??? we didnt fuckin behead any of their people? are you all saying its ok for them to act this way? saying that its acceptable?? sorry that they need to be humiliated in some cases to get shit out of them or because they were the same fucks shooting at you the night before???

all you people are fucking insane

this board is full of terrorist apologists...where is the outrage from raver_gaynia & his scrotum slurrpin buddy jamirogay on this subject?

this board is full of terrorist apologists...where is the outrage from raver_gaynia & his scrotum slurrpin buddy jamirogay on this subject?

Your a fucking joke, so I'll respond this one last time as i've already written you off as a lost sheep. I am outraged, by this. The first response of your boy patbattemen is "where is the link to this? where this at on the web?" you blood thirsty sadistic heathens. You'll be sucking satans dick in hell soon with the shit you guys post.

Your a fucking joke, so I'll respond this one last time as i've already written you off as a lost sheep. I am outraged, by this. The first response of your boy patbattemen is "where is the link to this? where this at on the web?" you blood thirsty sadistic heathens. You'll be sucking satans dick in hell soon with the shit you guys post.

Dude, its not even worth your time typing to pests like g-skank.

Truly outrageous act this though (as I mentioned in the other post).

Thanks to the actions of those MP's this stuff has risen to new levels.

Its funny how the die-hard blind supporters of this war are so quick to condemn shit like this, but are silent or supportive of the shit that soldiers do to innocent (85-90%) Iraqis. Really shows the character of many of the conservatives on here. Or rather their duplicity and plain old racism.

And to equate this to what US soldiers did. Are you implying that US soldiers are terrorists? That they are the same level as these people, and so their actions should be condoned?

You guys sometimes make some really senseless comments (except for g-skank - senseless is too good a word to describe his "opinions").

Still I see no outrage from the left, and No outrage from the arab street.

Oh and I completely agree with patbateman you People Clamor and drool over those pictures from abu Garihb but you don't want to see what kinda of enemy we are fighting? You Revel in images of 6 american acting disgracefully but you turn your head when 5 arabs are acting barborously? Only show's how duplicitous you people are.

great minds think alike my cleveland friend

if you fucks can jack off to the pics of our guys fucking with iraqis why cant you man the fuck up and see what these fucks are capable of? you are all a bunch of pussies. plain and simple and to that extent you are all brainless anyway. you people honestly LOVE to see shit like this happen so you can bitch about it. you say you are all peace lovin hippie fucks but in reality you get your jollies when shit like this happens. i know you all do you are just pussies for not admitting it. and another thing do not try and act like i am unintelligent for the comments i make because i speak the truth

well, no shit it's despicable but if we werent there this shit wouldn't happen

No cause when saddam was in power shit like this NEVER happened right? but those were Iraqi's doing shit to Iraqi's so it's ok right?

Fuckin Rube

great minds think alike my cleveland friend

if you fucks can jack off to the pics of our guys fucking with iraqis why cant you man the fuck up and see what these fucks are capable of? you are all a bunch of pussies. plain and simple and to that extent you are all brainless anyway. you people honestly LOVE to see shit like this happen so you can bitch about it. you say you are all peace lovin hippie fucks but in reality you get your jollies when shit like this happens. i know you all do you are just pussies for not admitting it. and another thing do not try and act like i am unintelligent for the comments i make because i speak the truth

YO are you guys blind?!?!? All of us on this board have expressed "outrage" - read the posts! And I'm still waiting for the "outrage" from the right for the prisoner torture and murders! Bunch of hypocrits.

No cause when saddam was in power shit like this NEVER happened right? but those were Iraqi's doing shit to Iraqi's so it's ok right?

Fuckin Rube

Well guess what Sherlock - Saddam never invaded other lands promising freedom and instead delivering torture. At least he was honest about his torture.

Well guess what Sherlock - Saddam never invaded other lands promising freedom and instead delivering torture. At least he was honest about his torture.

so now the crazy liberals are sympathizing with Saddam Hussein?! I admit he wasn't the biggest threat to world security but He deserved to be ousted from power.

Here is the video everyone, http://video.bmj.net/Alluh_Akbar.wmv

It shows how sadistic the Iraqi's are. AND IT IS NO WAY A JUSTIFIABLE RESPONSE TO A LITTLE BIT OF HUMILIATION SUFFERED BY WAR PRISONERS. NO, THIS JUST SHOWS WHAT TYPE OF "PEOPLE" WE ARE DEALING WITH.

You liberals are despicable. This, suicide bombings, car bombs, and all the muslim fundamentalist terrorists acts veritably reveal that they are purely evil. Nothing more, nothing less. They fight their battles with no regard for human life. Islam is the most intolerant religion and needs a reformation. Their extreme blind hatred and senseless acts can not be ignored.

This is bad but not worse then a body getting dragged through the streets and burned and kids laughing.

The point that is trying to be made is that we know that these people are sick mother fuckers who do sick fucking shit. These people really have not seen anything but torture and bullshit like this. Saddam was a sick fucker, these people are for the most part fucked in the head.

We on the other hand say that we are " better", we say "look at us, our democracy be like us" And we are better and democracy is really the way to go, but when those pictures came out people look and say "are you really better then what we have."

Originally posted by daprofessional

so now the crazy liberals are sympathizing with Saddam Hussein?! I admit he wasn't the biggest threat to world security but He deserved to be ousted from power.

Nice lebeling job. Nobody is sympathising with Saddam Hussein. Why would ANYONE, liberal or conservative symphasize with someone who has tortured and killed his own people. At least you admitted he wasn't the biggest threat to world security. In fact he had absolutely no military capability to attack another country beyond the ME, not even the US for that matter. I also agree he deserved to be ousted from power. But you got to understand that just because us liberals are angered by the tortures by the US soldiers on Iraqi POWs does NOT mean we Support Saddam and the way he tortured and killed his own people. Torture is wrong no matter who does it and the ones responsible for these atrocities must be punished no matter who does it.

So are you trying to say just because THEY did it automatically means WE can do the same thing? Two wrongs do not make a right. Do not be so hypocritical.

It shows how sadistic the Iraqi's are. AND IT IS NO WAY A JUSTIFIABLE RESPONSE TO A LITTLE BIT OF HUMILIATION SUFFERED BY WAR PRISONERS. NO, THIS JUST SHOWS WHAT TYPE OF "PEOPLE" WE ARE DEALING WITH.

Yes, what they did was sadistic, so I'll give you that, but what about how the US soldiers who mistreated the Iraqi POWs and how they tortured them by placing bags on their heads, forcing them to strip naked, beat them, being forced to form a pig-pile on top of each other coercively, making them masturbate coercively, sicking dogs on them and raping them with broomsticks while being photographed and videotaped by their torturers whilst their sickly laughter and glee? Was that sadistic too?

What the terrorists did to that man and what the US soldiers did to the Iraqi POWS was wrong either way.

You liberals are despicable. This, suicide bombings, car bombs, and all the muslim fundamentalist terrorists acts veritably reveal that they are purely evil. Nothing more, nothing less. They fight their battles with no regard for human life. Islam is the most intolerant religion and needs a reformation. Their extreme blind hatred and senseless acts can not be ignored.

And what about the violent acts by fundimental christians like Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld and christians like Timothy McVeigh and the violent acts on blacks by fundimental Christian groups such as the KKK? How about the 2 christian men in Texas who tied a black man to the rear of a pickup truck and dragged him to his death down a dirt road? What about acts of violence against gays by fundimental christians who uses gods name in the killing of them? Does Matthew Shepard ring a bell? He was robbed, tied to a fencepost, then beaten to death by 4 people who used Gods name in the killing. What about Christians in the likes of Fred Phelps who condones hatred and violence twords the same?

Can you explain this?

If anyone is dispicable, it's you.

id rather have a bag on my head and prance around in womens panties then MY FUCKING HEAD CUT OFF. get the fucking point asshole.

you fucks do not seem no where near as pissed off as you were when we were making iraqis dress like the little bitches that they are.

and what about all your hippie comrads in the 60's and 70's who were so high on drugs and just fucked up in general decided it was ok for them to go against society and laws? remember all those fucks that killed cops and bombed court houses??? yeah you fuck, you get those crazy fucks on both sides of the spectrum.