Clubplanet Nightlife Community

must of been carbs, but its over now...

07:32 Low-carb phenomenon losing steam -- Washington Post

The Washington Post reports that the nation's appetite for low-carbohydrate foods seems bottomless, judging by the many low-carb products showing up in supermarkets and the new menu items at restaurants and fast-food chains. And when Krispy Kreme Doughnuts recently announced slowing sales, it put part of the blame on low-carb diets. Yet the mood at a recent Washington conference on the business was bleak. Sales of low-carb products have fallen sharply at independent and health food stores, and some longtime industry insiders say a shakeout has begun. "I do think now we're on the downside of the roller coaster, and there will be ups again, but not as high," said Dean Rotbart, executive editor of industry trade publication LowCarbiz, which organized the conference. Even as they rush to cash in on the craze, some major food manufacturers say they see the phenomenon cooling down and becoming one part of the broad market for weight-loss products. "It's kind of exploded, it's a trend, and then it becomes, really, a niche," said Michael E. Diegel, a spokesman for the Grocery Manufacturers of America Inc. "That's where it looks like it's going at this point." Curtis Price, co-owner with his brother and another partner of Whoa . . . That's Lo!, a low-carb store in Silver Spring, is typical of specialty retailers feeling the pinch, with sales off 15% to 20% in the past two months. "It reached a peak, and now it's trickling off, but it's going to eventually level out," he said. "

everyone still seems fat as hell to me

:laugh:

and people still suck

and are still stupid

and believe everything they read or hear

and rarely are intelligent enough to form their own opinion

ok, im done now...i think....

follow the leader mentality... all lemmings~! same ppl who buy pokemons, yugioh, beaniebabies, etc. at substantial premiums simply because the jones' bought it for their children...

That's it :aright:

fuck low-carb beers. if i want a beer, i'll drink a dang good one with 1000 carbs if i have to.

People are always trying to take the short cut to losing weight. The only way to do it is a mix of watching what you eat and dieting.

When i lost 40 lbs, i still ate whatever i wanted... just being more careful.

it was going to be that or :

Here in my carbs

I feel safest of all

I can lock all my doors

It's the only way to live

In carbs

Here in my car

I can only receive

I can listen to you

It keeps me stable for days

In carbs

Here in my carbs

The image breaks down

Will you visit me please

If I open my door

In carbs

Here in my carbs

I know I've started to think

About leaving tonight

Although nothing seems right

In carbs

I know I've started to think

I know I've started to think...

i lost 3-4lbs over the weekend by going to NYC. got around 1300-1500 calories per night (3 nights) from boozing but hardly ate during the day. and u really don't see that many fat new yorkers...

manhattan was the leanest city and the worst was dallas... i see if i can find this article again...