Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Car Trouble

Alright I know you guys have no intrest on working on saturn's but I need your help. Its a 2000 SL2 4cyl 16 valve dual over head cam. My head unit turned off for a sec, then would come back on. I did not think much of it, just thought that the head unit was going. I get home park the car. I start it up again and it stalls. Thats the first time it ever stalled. Istarted it up again and all the gauges, and lights on the instrament panel went fucking haywire. All systems failed. Fuck well. I went out I had to get gas, shut the car off at the pump, went to start it again and nothing, Its not the battery cause its trying to turn over, I think I blew the computer or fried a wire somewhere. What do you guys think.

Its now monday the fucking mechanic has had my car for a few days, he calls me up and says its the fuel pump. Wants to hit me with a $500 bill for parts and labor. I can't belive that he told me a fuel pump. I call a few local car places to get a price on the pump. I found on that had the pump, the sender, and 2 new strainers for a $100 less than the guy said he could get it for. I talk to the mechanic again, and told him its not the fuel pump, and if it is don't buy it cause I can get it cheaper. He then tells me maybe its not the pump maybe its something electrical, like I toild him when I droped off the keys. I sear this guy is a fucking idiot. Once he figures out what the problem is I am going to take it to another mechanic and have them do the work.

Ask yourself these 3 questions: Do you like it? How much you owe? Whats it worth? If you answered NO to #1 and the sum of #2 is less then #3 then I would see that it gets "stolen" ASAP, easiest way out of a car you don't like.

P.S If you have GAP ins. the the last 2 questions don't even matter.......