Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What's with all the hostility?

Is class going out the window for vulgarity?

"I may be a herb, but at least my brain capacity is larger than a fruitfly, which can't be said of your pea-sized noggin."

...are you defining your quote and reaction as classy?...cause i for one don't...i hear what youre saying and agree on a general level but i've seen you cuss and act in ways that would and could be considered classless and vulgar...dont take this the wrong way george, i think youre good peeps...but i dont like it when you react to certain attacks with a "i rise above" attitude...it seems like a frequent out for you...idk...i think youre just as guilty as the rest of us...

Oh, im not saying im holier than thou. I know i give in to cussin here and there, but that doesn't mean its a good thing. I want to stop too.

but im just surprised at how much vulgarity and obscenity has broken thru to culture and conversation.

I was raised with soap in my mouth. I was scolded when i cursed as a kid. I guess kids nowadays aren't :confused:

...kids develop younger and younger as we get older and older...and there is nothing we can do but try to effect those that are in our lives...last year i brought up how shocked i was hearing my 11 year old niece use the term "friends with benefits"...it sickens me even now...the thing is - children are children and usually do not know what they're saying...they just like the effect they're getting - it draws attention to them...it doesnt make it any easier...we've fallen quite far in that respect in society...not everything is about progression...

this is a pretty retarded thread..

but to throw my .02c in...the reason "vulgarity and obscenity" is on the rise is because society as a whole has been desentisized. due to tv..radio..and our surroundings becoming more "liberal", four letter curse words don't strike us like they used to.

think back to when u were a kid..and u heard a teacher curse..it was like the wildest thing ever..totally blew ur mind. but this was because u were just a dumb ass kid that was never exposed to this stuff before

the point is the less u know the more it will affect u. because information is more readily available nowadays, people have sort of lost the innocence (ignorance) of yester year. it's all due to exposure..because agents of socialization have become less censored/regulated (up until janet-tit-flash incident) people are exposed to higher levels of "vulgarity and obscenity" ..therefore losing george's idea of "classy"

...just curious as to why you think this thread is retarded...is it because it is a reiteration of the obvious...or that you feel george's concept of classy is retarded...just pickin yer brain....i agree with over-exposure...that's just plain and simple as flicking on the tv...what i have a bigger issue with is respect and i think that is what leads to class...treating yourself, others, and life-situations with the proper respect is what class is about, imo...and i think over-exposure has effected that as well...and i find that more inexcusable than the other variables because the loss of respect leads to a more dangerous environment than some ignorant teen spewing cusses...

that's 2 threads in 2 days where you've said my thread is retarded.

If it's so retarded, why are you responding to it? Im trying to make a mature thread here where we can talk, and all you say is it's retarted? Boy, that says a lot :rolleyes:

And here's some advice you can take, if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything. aiiight :aright:

Geeez, do i have to make a thread about the Sacramento kings so i stop my "retarted thread' Streak :confused::rolleyes:

the reason for the 5 star retard level of the thread = this doesnt stem from some thought provoking sit down george had. it stems from barslut shitting on him in a previous thread and him feeling that there was a need to dedicate a whooole new one about it. so this leads me to believe that at the root of this thought provoking thread lies george's megalomaniacal sense of self worth which u previously touched on. the end

sincerely,

dr. sigmund freud

that's 2 threads in 2 days where you've said my thread is retarded.

If it's so retarded, why are you responding to it? Im trying to make a mature thread here where we can talk, and all you say is it's retarted? Boy, that says a lot :rolleyes:

And here's some advice you can take, if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything. aiiight :aright:

Geeez, do i have to make a thread about the Sacramento kings so i stop my "retarted thread' Streak :confused::rolleyes:

ur sellin me short by implying that all i care about is sports. i gave u a pretty accurate answer to the question u posted and then i answered ur follow up question.

as for the "say somethin nice or shut up" schmeel...i refer to barslut again..in your "#57" thread u verbally attacked him cause he called u a herb..yet ur offering me advice on how to be nice. a lil hypocritical, no?

the reason for the 5 star retard level of the thread = this doesnt stem from some thought provoking sit down george had. it stems from barslut shitting on him in a previous thread and him feeling that there was a need to dedicate a whooole new one about it. so this leads me to believe that at the root of this thought provoking thread lies george's megalomaniacal sense of self worth which u previously touched on. the end

sincerely,

dr. sigmund freud

hAHAHAH, if you want to talk philosophical Serge, Im your man ;)

I can't say that much here from work, but since only i know why i posted this thread, I'll tell you why.

Yes, some brain chemical induced by barslut's comment initiated my hands to press on these keys and create a thread "why all the hostility", but i also just wanted to bring up the idea for general conversational purposes.

Why NOT speak of the loss of class and grace? And i didn't create this thread solely because of barslut's comment. I just wanted to discuss it because, obviously due to the replies, some people feel the same way as i do.

I agree in the belief that subconciously we are inhaling what the media dishes out, thereby desensitizing ourselves to the more subtle things of life. But i think there are other reasons, such as learning from older "classless" types (kids LOVE to mimic), being brought up w/out the proper guidance or social graces, and schooling.

as for the "say somethin nice or shut up" schmeel...i refer to barslut again..in your "#57" thread u verbally attacked him cause he called u a herb..yet ur offering me advice on how to be nice. a lil hypocritical, no?

look, if someone's gonna call me an herb, im not gonna sit there.

And im not saying "EVERYONE FOLLOW POPPA SMURF! HE IS THE ALMIGHTY CREATOR OF CLASS :laugh:

All i wanted to do was talk GENERALLY about the LOSS of CLASS in SOCIETY and how VULGARITY and INSENSITIVITY is becoming PREVALENT.

Comprende?/?

im not that shallow to create a whole thread in vengeance for barslut :rolleyes: