Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Anybody else notice...

I know I am not the only one who dresses this way, and that there is a certain set of people who always have. However, it annoys me when the steakheads who would be like "why is your collar up?" last season are now wearing pink polo's and popping theirs, which they are not qualified to do. Also they bastardize the style, by wearing garbage polo's from shitbag stores like A+F and Diesel

haha, and where do you shop??? AX?

how everyone is starting to rock the collared shirts with like two or three buttons with the collar up?

also all of the oldschool alligator shirts and shit?

this has been the style in the mid-west since january, fyi

I know I am not the only one who dresses this way, and that there is a certain set of people who always have. However, it annoys me when the steakheads who would be like "why is your collar up?" last season are now wearing pink polo's and popping theirs, which they are not qualified to do. Also they bastardize the style, by wearing garbage polo's from shitbag stores like A+F and Diesel

Hahaha

You said steakhead :half:

would the self proclaimed collar popper please tell me what it means and why only certain people are qualified to do the popping? its all fine and good if im a steakhead for not knowing, just want something a little more explanitory than "oh my god, like, you dont know?"

i can see where brooksbro is comin from its annoying seeing people start to dress the way you have been forever. and then people just think you are following the trend when in fact you are not trying to do that at all and it turns out you are uncomfortable in the clothes you have been comfortable in for years because you feel like everyone else thinks you are a poser!

thats how i feel if anyone can understand that!

i can see where brooksbro is comin from its annoying seeing people start to dress the way you have been forever. and then people just think you are following the trend when in fact you are not trying to do that at all and it turns out you are uncomfortable in the clothes you have been comfortable in for years because you feel like everyone else thinks you are a poser!

thats how i feel if anyone can understand that!

thank you

I know why the collar used to be popped, now the unwashed masses are abusing it

Nah, dude, that wasn't directed at you. I feel where you're coming from. I just thought you'd get a kick out of 'em. My friend sent those to me when I was getting pissy about kooks blindly following the trend without a clue as to why.

would the self proclaimed collar popper please tell me what it means and why only certain people are qualified to do the popping? its all fine and good if im a steakhead for not knowing, just want something a little more explanitory than "oh my god, like, you dont know?"

Oh my GOD....like, you don't KNOW!

It's for people with really long necks and/or hickies, duh!

the funniest thing is that yale message board, someone posted the article and now there are 26 pages of people bickering

Haha, :werd: I love to read the things people post on those boards. You should browse through some of that bickering; it's fabulous. They put people in their place.

the real reason remains classified

according to www.rapdict.org (which came up on my random collar popping search) the def. is this

popping collars

(v) To really show off and signify their importance to others, people pop the collar of their shirt. "Around here we pop them collars" -- Lil Bow Wow (Bounce with me [2000])