Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Is there anywhere to hear good Electro?

Ever since I was at ultra I have been in love with Electro... I know it's a Floorida thing.. but i'd love to hear some bangin electro in NYC...

any ideas??

on that same note.... I miss the small party nights with great Tech House and Techno... remember Guernica, and Drinkland and Baktun

is there anywhere I can go in NYC (or jersey for that matter) to sit with an older crowd who just wants a heiniken not a roll cuz they gotta go to work in the am place? 'spedcially one where i can hear great music with cool people who are there for the music....

ok I'm a bit jaded.. but i'm tired of big bridge and tunnel clubs and crowds and MTV superstar DJ's..... I want to feel that vibe again....

Try the new venue this Sat called Eleven. The GBH guys throw an electro party there.

Eleven 152 Orchard St. bet Rivington and Stanton Sts in the Lower East Side.

Also try the GBH Party Friday June 18 at Lotus with Felix DA Housecat.

Ever since I was at ultra I have been in love with Electro... I know it's a Floorida thing.. but i'd love to hear some bangin electro in NYC...

any ideas??

on that same note.... I miss the small party nights with great Tech House and Techno... remember Guernica, and Drinkland and Baktun

do you mean Electro or Electroclash?

as for techno, try Tronic Treatment at Sullivan room on Mondays (great vibe!). You may also want to check out Francois K's Deep Space party at Cielo (also on mondays).

a techno/tech house party called Channel X just started up at Platinum in jersey on tuesdays (their opening night had Adam X and Heather heart).

hawtin is spinning at Volume in williamsburg next weekend.

as for vibe: Filter is a good choice.

Thanks for the advice guys... I'll def. take it all into consideration..

as for electro.. i'm lookin for Electro/retro/breaks/..

Jackal and hyde

Radio Active man

etc.

Actually I missed two lone swordsmen last night.. soooo pissed......

but rock on.. i'm gonna look up your suggestions...

> =-)

as for vibe: Filter is a good choice.

i agree... the vibe/people at filter are cool...i've only been on thursdays though....gotta stay away from there because everytime i try to set a curfew, i end up staying waayyyy too late and then i feel like crap the next day at work.... :laugh:

i hear they have a tech house party there on fridays??