Clubplanet Nightlife Community

This Board is dying

Hmm, excellent points.

You are right--it's not just Manhattan, it is everywhere. But it doesn't make it any easier for those who don't need drugs to have a good time to deal with those for whom drugs are their raison d'etre.

Just last Saturday, I was at Moda (www.modanightclub.com) here in Cleveland, enjoying :bounce: the sounds of Tiesto in his very first show in the American Heartland, when some kid asks me "Do you know if it'll be easy to score some pills here tonight?"

Instant buzzkill. :splat:

Mind you, I know chapter & verse of what I get into when I go nightcrawling--I have been a veteran clubkid for the past seven years in my hometown. But come on! I could have been standing next to an undercover DEA agent for all he knew. It is that blatant kind of thing that has cost clubland everywhere too many lives and too many clubs. Look what happened to Twilo and Sound Factory in NYC, or even Aqua here in Cleveland.

(For the record, I told the kid that it was not smart to ask that question of anyone, especially tonight.)

I just don't know sometimes. Is it really so hard to go one night without something other than booze these days?

Valid point's on your part as well anyone asking for drug's in a club is either a narc or a complete moron waiting to get pinched,

As far as going out one night without drug's depend's on where you live and what place's you go to. If you are planning on going to see a big time DJ you can pretty much bet your ass that over 60% of the crowd if not more is chemically enhanced, there are alway's exception's to the rule I have friend's who are completely drug free and can dance longer and outlast people who have been doing drug's all night.

Again I will reiterate that the biggest concern lie's within the more powerful and addictive drug's being produced because the government is making rediculous accusation's of how ecstacy is the next "crack epidemic" which I believe to be completely false.

:ghey: I certainly hope this board isn't dying -- I just found it.

It amazes me when I hear about all these clubs closing due to rampant drug use (SoundFactory is an exception -- the owners were dealing). But kids today are stupid, thinking they won't get caught or nothing will happen to them. Also, kids today are more violent than ever before -- adding tina to the mix doesn't help. The amount of security necessary at these venues is incredible.

I don't know how open this board is, but I'll say this -- the homo clubs are much more open and laid-back about drug use. The guys go to have fun. Rarely, and I mean very rarely, is there violence. Maybe I'm wrong, but I have yet to hear of a homo event getting busted and/or shut down.

how about "vag"?

foxy lady in RI......named yourself after the strip club??????/

i used to know the girl whose dad owns it....we were in europe together a year...i went on a couple dates with her friend...so i ended up double dating with her.the girl whose dad owned the club was pretty lame,but cute, liked going to musicals and operas (i got dragged to see chicago and my fair lady cause of her, grrrrrrrrr)...not into drinking or drugs, or stippers..very disappointed... but should have stayed better friends with them....:-(