Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Larry Brown...

made the rite choice not drafting Carmelo and look where it got him

U actually think that not drafting Carmelo was a good thing?

Billups, Rip, Melo, Sheed, Ben? That line up sounds ridiculous. Do you want to rethink your statement? With Tayshaun coming off the bench? Darko will never be found. He defines the word pussy!

to clarify matters...Larry Brown had nothing to do with the draft decision of Darko over Mello. that was Dumars' call and it turned out to be a good one.

im actually one of a few people who think that Mello would have hurt the Pistons. he's a crybaby..and a spoiled star..something Detroit does not need..and definitely does not have. When a guy like Sheed Wallace comes in ..and carries himself the way he has during his run with the Pistons..u gotta believe that the whole Pistons team is on the same page. Mello with his constant "nothin in the NBA include me" bickering would have fucked all that up.

Darko makes me embarassed to say im Serbian...but I'm glad they tagged him with the #2.

it's well known in the sports world that people who base their opinions on stats/rosters are usually the kind of people that dont know jack. the lakers are case in point. 4 hall of famers...and ...nothing..they couldnt get it together. any1 remember the Blazers of old? with sheed..rider..grant..patterson..pip..stoudamire..o'neal..schrempf...etc etc...they went to the brink..but just couldnt get it done. big names mean nothing...i think Detroit proved that this year.

to clarify matters...Larry Brown had nothing to do with the draft decision of Darko over Mello. that was Dumars' call and it turned out to be a good one.

im actually one of a few people who think that Mello would have hurt the Pistons. he's a crybaby..and a spoiled star..something Detroit does not need..and definitely does not have. When a guy like Sheed Wallace comes in ..and carries himself the way he has during his run with the Pistons..u gotta believe that the whole Pistons team is on the same page. Mello with his constant "nothin in the NBA include me" bickering would have fucked all that up.

exactly....

he would have been another ego trip

ghost said it perfectly... melo's a whiny bitch with an ego, the last thing the pistons need. The only reason the Pistons won is because they played as a team, and they did it perfectly, I doubt Melo would have fit in.

Joe Dumars took a chance with Darko, we'll see what happens in the future. Keep in mind the kid just turned 18, they saw talent in him, now they just need to develop him. It's not fair to judge him by the way he plays now. The guy only started playing when he was like 15, if you thought he'd be a star in the NBA after only playing the game for 2-3 years, well think again.