Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Moby, telling it like it is (what wrong with the music biz)

(i am sure he has been reading my posts wink.gif)

---------------------------------------------

Moby has added his weight to the debate on the current state of music describing it as "a very strange time" and blaming the influence of multi-national companies swallowing up record companies.

"There's so many variables contributing to the weirdness of the contemporary music world - the fact that most of the record companies are now owned by mega international corporations; the fact that the ways music will be distributed will change completely."

"The biggest factor contributing to the demise of popular music is the fact that the record companies are owned by big multi-nationals," said Moby. "It used to be that you started a record company because you loved music. Now record companies are being bought...not out of love of music but to increase their market share and share holder value. They start manufacturing the music that becomes a commodity - generic disposable pop music."

He went on to say that even "terrible boybands" are capable of creating beautiful music while people who are trying to be credible often fail.

"At the same time you can have really earnest underground musicians who's only interest is making great music and they end up making garbage."

------------------

I want to go out blazing not fade away.

I can resist anything but temptation.

bsb2.GIF

Nah just catching up on my emails (as you can see).

Bored, carn't be arsed reading about people's woes icon15.gif

And like you hungover, one too many grolch last night... it's always that last one.

------------------

I want to go out blazing not fade away.

I can resist anything but temptation.

bsb2.GIF