Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Attn: People who slam weights

I love those melvins that wear a weight belt no matter what body part they work out.

:lame:

I dunno, I just think its funny when you see someone on a flat bench or doing curls wearing a weight belt.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

now that is funny as hell...

Guest brwneydtrouble
ppl who slam weights are pussies who cant lift heavy...if u cant control the weight even on the putdown then u shouldnt be moving the weight...

I totally agree. You should be controlling the weight as it comes down the MOST. Not just lifting then letting it fall back down.

Wow, one thing that I agree with you on...

More times than none, it's for attention or to make it look like they are lifting very heavy weight. I can dumbbell press 75lbs and when I'm done, I can still lower them down slowly without making noise... if you can't take a little pain then maybe you should try ballet.

There should also be a thread for guys that stare at you (hard) while you are working out... is it jealousy or do you want my cock?

I absolutely hate when people throw weights, slam weights back onto the racks, etc.... etc....

BUT - When on flat and decline dumbell presses with dumbells between 120 and 150lbs on each arm... You have to drop them. If not you risk serious injury. Especially on the decline bench. It is a weight that you just cant place lightly on the ground. In order to place them on the ground you would have to have delts like Ronnie Coleman.

But yes I agree... Any abnormal dumping, dropping, slamming, etc. of weights is rediculous... And when people throw the dumbells and complain that they are all breaking... Well they should just be slapped.

Wrist wraps are for tools.

The only time they should be used is during deadlifts or something of that nature...Never on cables

Very heavy back days... Which includes cables but very heavy weight on pull downs, seated rows, dumbell bent over pulls. ( Lawn Mower ) I will use the wraps.

On the lighter days I will not use the wraps. There is no need for them.

But you do need the wraps when you want to explode on your back and stack the weights to the point your forearms just cant handle it anymore...

I do not use the wraps for any other body part!!! I dont understand why anyone would use it doing any kind of tricept workout.

who the fuck wears wrist wraps for anything but dumbells or barbells??

You are talking about different wraps... The ones I am talking about are the ones that grip your wrist and then wrap around the handle of the weight you are lifting. Lessens the strain on your forearms and puts more focus on the back muscles that you are working. Thus you get more reps, heavier weight, and a more concentrated workout. :)

You are talking about different wraps... The ones I am talking about are the ones that grip your wrist and then wrap around the handle of the weight you are lifting. Lessens the strain on your forearms and puts more focus on the back muscles that you are working. Thus you get more reps, heavier weight, and a more concentrated workout. :)

yea, i use the cotton wraps. i use them to do pull ups to, but not on cables, thats stupid. but ur exclusively working out ur forearms, dont use wraps.

Guest brwneydtrouble

When you guys say wraps, you area talking about the straps with the loops that go around your wrist then the rest comes across your palm? I've been meaning to get some light gloves or something else because even on the cables, the tops of my palms get rubbed raw, and I really dont want to get calluses there. Thats very unladylike.

Very heavy back days... Which includes cables but very heavy weight on pull downs, seated rows, dumbell bent over pulls. ( Lawn Mower ) I will use the wraps.

On the lighter days I will not use the wraps. There is no need for them.

But you do need the wraps when you want to explode on your back and stack the weights to the point your forearms just cant handle it anymore...

I do not use the wraps for any other body part!!! I dont understand why anyone would use it doing any kind of tricept workout.

Yeah, I get that bro..I use wraps on very heavy days also. I'm saying, when I see someone lifting like 20 lbs using wraps, it's pretty fruity looking...

..On another note, my hands are disgusting from always forgetting my wraps at home when I deadlift. The bar rips my skin and I've got some nasty calluses on them...I guess they at least look manly...lol

When you guys say wraps, you area talking about the straps with the loops that go around your wrist then the rest comes across your palm? I've been meaning to get some light gloves or something else because even on the cables, the tops of my palms get rubbed raw, and I really dont want to get calluses there. Thats very unladylike.

It's okay when women use them :) Keep it up, or else your ladylike hands may look like mine :aright:

Guest brwneydtrouble

Speaking of attention whores, theres this woman at my gym that has the biggest sway back i have ever seen. She takes all the aerobic/yoga/pilates classes and exxagerates all the movements to the point where she just looks like a freak. She walks like as if she is always at the ready to take it up the ass. And she's not even good looking, she has this beat up looking face, she works out constantly so she's got a real firm body, but she's just dirty looking with this nasty red dyed hair. She'll talk during the pilates class in spanish because i'm the only spanish person there but she doesn't know that. I just want to bitch slap her and tell her to shut the fuck up.

Sorry, I had to vent about that. :cuss:

I usually throw down the wieghts if go heavy on shoulders or chest. im just too lazy to put it down. Trust me it has NOTHING to do with attention, especially in my pathetic gym. Actually me and a few guys i work out with have throwing contests, we rate based on sound of drop, distance, and symmetry, makes the workouts more fun. (extra points if you get someone in the foot) jk

Yeah, slamming the weights down is pretty obnoxious, no matter what your reason may be. I'd have to say that the people who yell out during each rep is much worse. Like the Greek said, no one cares how much you're lifting. I have a guy in my gym who does all this kung fu crap WHILE yelling out. It's obvious the guy doesn't REALLY know kung fu, but it's obnoxious to say the least.