Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Release @ Therapy

groovefire

Wow. What a party. I really had no idea what to expect going into this event. Got there around 11ish, and was floored by how many people were already there. And they just kept coming. I cannot even estimate what the total attendance finally was, well over 500 for sure. And quite a diverse crowd. No doubt there were tons of ravers, pacifiers and all. And I haven’t seen that many glowsticks since my 7th grade birthday party at Starwheels in Seekonk. But it definitely wasn’t all ravers, lots of older people, lots of clubbers, lots of everything. Great mix, and not a single problem that I saw. Volume went over the top with this thing too. The main room was fitted with 2 huge 20 foot screens. The other rooms had phenomenal sounds systems and lights. I was totally blown away by the amount of time and effort that was put into this party. Anywho, JJ Blades was on the decks in the main room when we got there, I guess he’s a rave DJ from Connecticut. He was playing a mix of bangin house and trance, a lot of vocals. Not really my cup of tea, but the crowd was digging it. Me and Hoska tagged after him. Then Nigel Richards came on. Overall I thought Nigel’s set was good, fun. I was surprised by his track selection, a lot of remixes, more than half his set, like Brittany’s Toxic, White Stripes, No Doubt, etc. Chicks definitely dug it though, so whatever. Eventually I made my way downstairs and caught Damian, who played a fantastic house set. As much as I wanted to go back upstairs and check out Hardware, I just couldn’t, Damian was too good. I left a little while after that, so I dunno what else happened, all I know is people were still showing up. Bottomline, great party, great vibe, great time, would love to be a part of it next time too.

I really didnt know what to expect for this throwdown. Being an avid supporter of the after hours scene I expected the usual 100-200 heads @Therapy. The first indication of a good night was the fact that I had to park 3 blocks away from the main parking lot. The 2nd indication was the fact that I could hear the sikkk sound system 3 blocks away. The 3rd thing that blew my mind was the 20 foot projection monitors set up. Never saw those there before. The monitors were pretty cool as they showed trippy stuff but also some live shots from the DJ booth.

I arrived at 11:30-11:45 and caught Groove's set in the main room. Ive heard them before at other venues and I dont know if it was the bangin sound system @Therapy but your set was sikkk boys. Best Ive heard from you guys thus far. The rest of my crew arrived after midnight. There were a lot of youngsta's in the crowd but that made things fun. The youngins began filtering out around 2-3am then the clubbers starting pouring in.

Caught Hoska downstairs for a bit and watched Merlin work his magic. Nice to see him up front and personal scratching and werking the Effffx box.

We closed the joint down and went back to my boy Kev's apt and proceeded to tear it up til 9pm last night. Thats when I raised the white flag and surrendered. I would strongly urge you guys to catch Volume's next party. They do a great job promoting!

I arrived at 11:30-11:45 and caught Groove's set in the main room. Ive heard them before at other venues and I dont know if it was the bangin sound system @Therapy but your set was sikkk boys. Best Ive heard from you guys thus far.

Thanks phatboy, we had a blast up there and it was cool seeing us on those jumbotrons. :eek::D