Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Clubbing in Dc Sucks

i am from NYC but just moved to Dc and the clubs SUCKS! friday night i went to see Donald Glaude at BUZZ at Nation and he was terrible and the club. the vibe was shit, the music was shit, the lights was shit and the drinks was shit. i miss NYC and real clubs. cwm10.gif

I hear ya! That's why I drive to NYC to get my club fix. Its only 4 hours! As for Nation/Buzz, the space is good, but the vibe is strange. Did you notice that the main dance floor is way too bright? The light show sucks bigtime! Sorry, but you'll just have to settle for smaller club/lounge setting in DC, that's just the way it is here. 5 is pretty cool, but again, the vibe is weird. Good luck!

<<<PEACE>>>

------------------

"I'll take my problems to the dancefloor!"

Guest cosmicgirl

hey goldenman...where exactly did you move to? i live in nyc, but my parents just bought a house down by DC in maryland and every time i go home to their house i DO NOT leave the house...i have yet to go out in DC...i figured it wouldnt compare to being up here...what time does everything close? hows the crowd, etc?

------------------

What goes on?!?!

IMO, clubbing in DC doesn't "suck". The crowd is different, the vibe's different, but that doesn't mean it sux. I club in DC and NYC all the time, and though NYC is far better, DC is still very enjoyable. As far as Nation goes, the lighting isn't that great, but the space is cool and the drinks are the strongest I've ever had in a club. Plus, again IMO, its second on the East when it comes to internation talent (the number one being Twilo).

You should go check out more DJs...Paul van Dyk this Wednesday. Bad Boy Bill next Wed..Oakenfold the Friday after Thaxgiving...Dave Ralph, Seb Fontaine (was just here), Dave Seaman, Deep Dish, etc, etc.

5 is ok, and so is Glow @Zei club on Sats.

------------------

Music saved my soul!

Thank GAWD for Twilo!

Archived