Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Comment About NY clubbing

Okay I just need to stick in a little comment about my perspective on clubbing and more specifically, clubbing in New York City.....This is kind of a spinoff of noiseboy's earlier post about "club tolerance" but I formulated some ideas from it.......

First off, us NYC clubbers have to remain humble and not take things for granted.....it is no secret that NYC has one of the best club scenes on the planet, if not the best(depending on the person)......is it a wonder that DJs like Tenaglia and Sasha & Digweed chose a residence here? Not to mention a host of other residents in NY that are "on the next level" DJs and the abundance of guest DJs that come here on several occassions......

Now, the trick is to accept this as something great, something we have been lucky to adopt and keep humble about it......I see posts from NY clubbers on the LA board swearing how we are the best and LA sucks, etc.......I think it is great to defend NY and represent the scene we all are submerged in so deeply, BUT, I don't think we need to be offensive......it isn't necessary to tell people the club scene here is off the hook......people know......and those who brag the most are just representing their insecurity.......

Secondly, the great clubs, people, and DJs breeded in NY should be cherished as something we are fortunate to be a part of and none of us should teke that as something for granted.....hell, Twilo could get shut down tomorrow(god forbid!) and no more great venue, people, or DJs for that matter.....we talk about the scene being good or bad, better than 10 yrs ago, whatever......we forget to realize that it is us that makes the scene what it is.......if we're a bunch of negative, arrogant mother fuckers than that will be the characterization of the NY club scene(not to say that is what we are but we must be careful).......we are blessed to have so many great venues in such a small geographical area......think about it, can you imagine what someone from say, Montana would do to have one club like Twilo or SF within distance.......we have like 10+ within a 50 block radius.....the present and future scene here in the city is up to us......if we treat the scene right, it will treat us even better......in short, do not exploit what we have.....embrace it.....

I know I just rambled a bit but I hope this makes sense to some.......

Mikey

------------------

Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger......

Media32975.jpg

Originally posted by mikey_m:

Okay I just need to stick in a little comment about my perspective on clubbing and more specifically, clubbing in New York City.....This is kind of a spinoff of noiseboy's earlier post about "club tolerance" but I formulated some ideas from it.......

First off, us NYC clubbers have to remain humble and not take things for granted.....it is no secret that NYC has one of the best club scenes on the planet, if not the best(depending on the person)......is it a wonder that DJs like Tenaglia and Sasha & Digweed chose a residence here? Not to mention a host of other residents in NY that are "on the next level" DJs and the abundance of guest DJs that come here on several occassions......

Now, the trick is to accept this as something great, something we have been lucky to adopt and keep humble about it......I see posts from NY clubbers on the LA board swearing how we are the best and LA sucks, etc.......I think it is great to defend NY and represent the scene we all are submerged in so deeply, BUT, I don't think we need to be offensive......it isn't necessary to tell people the club scene here is off the hook......people know......and those who brag the most are just representing their insecurity.......

Secondly, the great clubs, people, and DJs breeded in NY should be cherished as something we are fortunate to be a part of and none of us should teke that as something for granted.....hell, Twilo could get shut down tomorrow(god forbid!) and no more great venue, people, or DJs for that matter.....we talk about the scene being good or bad, better than 10 yrs ago, whatever......we forget to realize that it is us that makes the scene what it is.......if we're a bunch of negative, arrogant mother fuckers than that will be the characterization of the NY club scene(not to say that is what we are but we must be careful).......we are blessed to have so many great venues in such a small geographical area......think about it, can you imagine what someone from say, Montana would do to have one club like Twilo or SF within distance.......we have like 10+ within a 50 block radius.....the present and future scene here in the city is up to us......if we treat the scene right, it will treat us even better......in short, do not exploit what we have.....embrace it.....

I know I just rambled a bit but I hope this makes sense to some.......

Mikey

very nice Mikey...

I do think many of us embrace this scene. We do know how lucky we are.

there is never a reason to defend NYC...if you need too, just show them the line-up for Twilo, and stay quiet. being humble is the strongest form of confidence!!