Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Went Back To Montreal This Past Weekend - Review

If you dont want to read it dont, Im posting it for people that are interested in other areas of the world.

My boy was playin up in Montreal this past weekend so him and I decided to make a road trip out of it. We Drove up saturday afternoon and arrived Sat evening at like 8. About a 6 hour drive and we got lost in the city for like a half hour.

Checked in, had dinner, had some beers(canadian beers are no joke!!)..Finally made it out to Stereo Bar...its the Basement of Stereo that is only open till 3 am and serves alcohol, It closes when STEREO opens. We finish our beers and head up the stairs to STEREO. Its about 330 am and the Opening DJ is on....His name was Loco Firn or something like that. Kid was rockin the place with Strictly Housey Beats, no crazy tribal or tech house, just straight up dope house beats. Crowd was def feelin him but after a while you could tell they wanted their headliner...who was going to be Hector Romero of Defmix and Saw Recordings. The crowd there just seems to come there at 3 and by like 5 or so they just look up at the booth and wait to Be Turned the Fuck out by their headliner. Its such a sick thing they way they treat their DJ up there. Anyway we ended up leaving the Club at 5 To go to the hotel to get my boys Records and wash up etc....

Peter's Gig was at Circus, Which is right across the st from STEREO. We walked in at like 530 and Peters Record Electrified was playin..lol. Knew it was gonna be a good night. Right away the crowd caught my attention...it was like a Bridge and Tunnel crowd...Strippers, straight guys, gays etc... Not a majority anything, just agreat crowd that was there to get turned out by a great set. No attitude from anyone at all up there, everyone is so friendly. Really is soo different from down here.

Anyway Peter Goes at 6am and the club is absolutely Rammed! The actual only complaint i can think of is that it was a million degrees in there.

So back to Peters set....He started off with Tribaly stuff and just bomb after bomb. So great to see such a responsive crowd, every record, every break, the crowd would just whistle, cat call, and just carry on.

Started to wind it down at like 1030 but the crowd wouldnt let him stop playin, so he just kept playin! lol Finally ended his set at around 1130 with Chaka Khan - Aint Nobody. My All time Fav Closer.

Cant even begin to tell you the amount of people including bartenders and Security that came up and thanked him and just gave him praise. Goes to show you once again how they treat their DJ up there. Def has made a great name for himself up there, and his residencies and guest spots bi monthly have proven that. So odd how someone can be so big so far away from home but right here in his backyard its hard to get people out to hear him. Just goes to show how much more they appreciate House music up there.

Anyway Im debating going back this weekend cause hes playin At BOA in Toronto. Its considered the STEREO of Toronto. Great gig, def wanna go check the place out.

Anyone interested in Hearing Peter Bailey hell be doing my opening night of the Deko BASS MENT House Party July 22nd.

MONTREAL IS NO JOKE....PROBABLY THE BEST PARTY CITY EVER!!!!!!!!!

I used to be the resident at Sona on St. Catherine Street.

and Canadian beer is NO JOKE.....grerat review of the city i miss!!!!!!!!!!

Place is amazing. Gonna try and go back atleast once a month.