Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Attn: Destiny and nomembername

hi guys!! I think we should go here!!!!!! been about 6-7 months ago and i was FANTASTIC. check it out and let me know whats up!

Restaurant

Kelley & Ping ($)

127 Greene St

New York, NY 10012-5401

Cross Street: Between Houston Street and Spring Street

Phone: (212) 228-1212

Recommended: Food, Ambience, Service, Value

Prompt seating - yes

Make reservations - mixed

Romantic - yes

Good for kids - yes

Good for groups - yes

Citysearch Editorial Review

By Raven Snook

Editorial Rating: Recommended

Pan-Asian dishes draw a stylish crowd at this multi-faceted Soho spot.

The Scene

This Pan-Asian Soho spot is as popular as ever, attracting swank crowds of shoppers, tourists and neighborhood office workers decked out in designer duds. The minimalist, airy room is a triple-threat: teashop, noodle bar and Asian grocery all in one, with exposed brick walls, casual plastic cups and a visible kitchen.

The Food

Dishes hail from China, Vietnam, Korea and Thailand, and the combos, which include spring rolls, chicken satay, dumplings and duck pancakes, allow you to sample a bit of each country's cuisine. While there are a number of vegetarian plates featuring tofu, the tangy Bul Go Gui with sesame, ginger and jasmine rice is a beef lover's paradise. Pad Thai and a variety of noodle soups round out the menu, and arrive in heaping portions.

Editorial content is independent of paid advertisers. Visits are made

anonymously, and expenses are paid for by Citysearch.

Restaurant Information

Cuisines

Chinese

Eclectic & International

Japanese

Thai

Pan-Asian & Pacific Rim

Special Features

Local Favorites

Delivery

Family Style

Group Dining

Lunch Spot

Cheap Eats

Hours

Daily 11:30am-11pm

Payment

American Express

MasterCard

Visa

Directions

F, V, S at Broadway-Lafayette; N, R at Prince St

Price Information*

$ ($20 and under)

* Restaurant prices are based on the average cost of a three-course dinner, excluding wine, tax and tips.

Insider Tips

Know Before You GO

Mid-week lunch is self-serve, which makes it more casual and less expensive than dinner.

Member Reviews -- Sorted by Most Helpful

Positive | Negative | Most Recent | Most Helpful

Showing 1 of 40

User Rating: Highly Recommended

A GOOD MEAL Posted by michelle973 on 07/19/2004

Whenever I am close to Kelley and Ping, I make a point of stopping by for some of the best asian food in the city. The quaint atmosphere and the uncommonly friendly floor staff, make lunch a great experience aside from the food, which is the reason to come to Kelley and Ping in the first place. Soup, salad or an asian wrap, all of the food is just great. One of my favorites is the scallion pancakes, not really a big scallion taste, but a sort of pita bread fried and served with a dipping sauce; very nice. I feel like I can eat here everyday, if only I can be in the area. Anyway, Kelley and Ping is the best bet for a great lunch anywhere in SoHo.

Pros: Great food, nice staff, great environ

i been here too......VERY good

Celeste

502 Amsterdam Ave

New York, NY 10024-3943

Cross Street: Between 84th Street and 85th Street

Phone: (212) 874-4559

Recommended: Food, Ambience, Value

Prompt seating - yes

Make reservations - yes

Romantic - no

Good for kids - no

Good for groups - no <~~~~ yea i nkow bout this but i think they are wrong...everyones just gotta get there at the same time

Editorial Rating: Recommended

A casual trattoria serving authentic Southern Italian cuisine.

The Scene

This lively trattoria takes a cue from its charismatic owner--a Roman named Carmine so dedicated to his newest venture (he also owns Tiadora on the east side) that he's been known to smuggle raw milk cheeses back from Italy in his luggage. In this tiny space, Carmine bustles about, glad-handing and challenging you to find a better neighborhood restaurant at similar prices. You'd be hard-pressed to.

The Food

Pizzas are Neapolitan-style--thin, made with San Marzano tomatoes in a 700-degree wood-burning oven, and loaded with Mediterranean goodies. The ricotta di bufala--a rectangle of fried buffalo ricotta cheese--would be better piping hot, but tasty pastas--a simple vermicelli alle vongole among them--compensate. Non-Italian items like salmon, pancakes and French toast are available at brunch.

Editorial content is independent of paid advertisers. Visits are made

anonymously, and expenses are paid for by Citysearch.

Restaurant Information

Cuisines

Italian

Pizza

Special Features

Local Favorites

Catering

Notable Beer List

Open 7 Days

Family Style

Romantic Dining

Hidden Find

Hours

Mon-Sun 5pm-11pm

Sat-Sun 12pm-3pm

Payment

Cash

Directions

1, 2; B, C at 86th St

Price Information*

$ ($20 and under)

* Restaurant prices are based on the average cost of a three-course dinner, excluding wine, tax and tips.

Insider Tips

Know Before You Go

The restaurant takes no reservations: During peak times (7pm to 9pm), expect a twenty-minute wait. Tables aren't seated until the entire party is present; so if you see a big crowd outside, you might get in sooner than expected. For weekend brunch, reservations are taken for parties of 12 and up.

Member Reviews -- Sorted by Most Helpful

Showing 1 of 16

User Rating: Highly Recommended

Favoloso Posted by jazzguy on 07/19/2004

This place is an exception to the Upper West norm of bland. The food was absolutely wonderful! Superb! Try the chicken livers in balsamic & sage reduction (awesome), and the roast salmon. I'm hard pressed to think of any place with better Italian food in NYC.

Request removal of this review.

what are we gunna do after? any ideas?? :confused: im down to go to mcsorleys again and just get sloshed. Sully or Le Souk are other options that are inexpensive. Shoot some pool....movies.....i dunno....whatever

i'm broke so i cant afford to do much:(

i would be down to go to mcsorleys today :(

what are we gunna do after? any ideas?? :confused: im down to go to mcsorleys again and just get sloshed. Sully or Le Souk are other options that are inexpensive. Shoot some pool....movies.....i dunno....whatever