Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Hot 97 drama...Diplomats & Ma$e

i was listening to it.....here is a summary......

In an interview with Hot 97’s Morning Show staff, Mase, Jim Jones and Cam’ron engaged in a heated debate, with the two Dip Set members questioning Mase’s authenticity.

On air, Mase recalled the cause of his split with Cam’ron, with whom he once rapped with. The incident started when Mase claimed he offered to split a $50,000 fee for appearing in Cam’s 1998 hit song “Horse-n-Carriage,†instead of him doing the song for free.

Diplomat CEO Jimmy Jones called the show enraged.

“I will do it to you duke," Jones said. "I don't like you. You shouldn't have came out your mouth. I'll put some dentures in your mouth. Go back down south with your congregation. Tell the truth. For you to sit there and lie...you are a reverend.â€

Jones also charged that Mase left the game due to pressures from individuals in Harlem who extorted him.

Mase eventually gathered himself and denied the charges that he was forced out of Harlem. Mase explained that he had already purchased land in Atlanta, Georgia and was planning to move.

Continuing, he stated, in his slow tone, that after a close friend was stabbed, he headed down south and that it had nothing to do with unsavory characters forcing him to leave.

“People grow up, I don’t have time for that,†Mase said. “[During commercial break] I was praying for Jimmy, I love them dudes. It’s just sad when people don’t understand.â€

Angry like Jones, Cam’ron called in shortly afterwards, questioning Mase’s motives for returning to the rap game.

“I’m just not into the lies I'm into the truth and that’s it. The only thing you did was took me to counseling, you broke out on everybody and left. That’s what you do, you did it before and you’re gonna do it again,†Cam stated on air.

“I’m not a chump like that. [Mase], tell them how you called me and asked me to do an album last week,†Cam told Mase. “[Diplomats are] gonna make $150 million off the liquor. There aint no money in this rap game. I just do the music because I am nice. I wish you the best, but tell the truth.â€

Cam'ron even called Mase a fraud and said that he had a tape of one of Mase’s sermons, where he said rap music “is the devil.â€

“You’re a reverend lying. I was there," Cam said. "You said rap is the devil at your speeches in church. I got it on tape…and [now] you’re rapping [again],†he said. “The reverend is up there lying. I wish you the best of luck, stop lying.â€

Mase rebutted, calling the rappers thin-skinned. Mase did admit to Cam'ron's accusations surrounding his statements about rap but said, “When I think about how the people need what I have to say [i changed my view]. It’s just like money. The same money that buys marijuana, buys bibles. Rap is not really of the devil, it’s what people say in it.

“I cannot not express the truth because they’re sensitive,†Mase said. “I don’t have any problems with them. Even in the bible when a person knows that you come to say something powerful, they try to discredit your name. One word from God can wipe out years of wrongdoing.â€

Mase, who said that he was going on the road with Usher to promote his new album, closed his appearance on the Hot 97 show with a prayer: “In the name of the Heavenly Father, I thank you today for forgiving me for all my wrong doing and shortcomings. I thank you for dying on the cross for all of my sins. I am healed, I am delivered and I am rich. Amen.â€

Incidentally, Mase and Jim Jones will release albums on the same day, August 24.

Yeah I turned the radio on in the middle of Jim screaming at Mase. I don't really know much about the drama between them all, but I was very impressed by Mase and how calm he stayed throughout the whole drama. Very composed and calm while the other two were screaming shit at him.