Clubplanet Nightlife Community

buh bye Contreras

bxbomb

Well Pray that Esteban's cutter works well in the AL East...IMO the trade was just to see if a change of scenery helps each pitcher out. For the Yanks sake, I really hope it works out. They should have addressed the bullpen as well. The main guys in the bullpen are 1,2,3 in the AL in appearances, hopefully they don't wear out in October. I see the Yanks picking up another bullpen arm during the waiver period.

now if yanks can sign esteban .....this is an absolute steal of a trade

wait...I just re-read this

a steal of a trade????? this guy had ONE good year which was a contract year. other than that he's pitched his entire career like he's pitched this year, like garbage.

good luck in the playoffs with loaiza...lmao

a steal of a trade????? this guy had ONE good year which was a contract year. other than that he's pitched his entire career like he's pitched this year, like garbage.

Definately not a steal of a trade. Getting Loaiza for Contreras is like trading mediocre pitcher for mediocre pitcher. Loaiza seems like he can get the job done to a degree but definately doesn't have the stuff Contreras has.

yeh getting a guy that won 21 games last yr 2nd in Cyyoung voting and has 9 wins this yr is only 32(young for the yanks)

he previosly pitched on shitty texas teams

and the ability to get rid of someone they thought they could never get rid of

uh yehh.... thats a steal if they can lock him up

HAVE FUN CHASING THE WILD CARD

yeh getting a guy that won 21 games last yr 2nd in Cyyoung voting and has 9 wins this yr is only 32(young for the yanks)

he previosly pitched on shitty texas teams

and the ability to get rid of someone they thought they could never get rid of

uh yehh.... thats a steal if they can lock him up

HAVE FUN CHASING THE WILD CARD

yeah ummm....we'll see

side note: Mets made out the best with pitching during these trades

yes i think the mets made these moves with next yr in mind knowing full well , they aint got enough firepower this ywear ...even though the division

WAS up for grabs..

a ful off season with Rick pederson ...benson/zambrano will be some good young arms to go along Letier/glavine/trachsel who are havin great years

even though on their ancient

No offense but you guys are smokin some good shit...the trades were horrible!!

Peterson hasn't done anything to help...look at Seo, Ginter and Baldwin...we gave up a STUD prospect for a human bases on ball machine...sheesh

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wouldn't have traded Kazmir away. The just loosen his collar as far as innings pitched is concerned and then the Mets let him go. Makes no sense. A lefty pumping mid 90s gas? 20 years old?

Please take me to your dealer if you think any of these trades were even mediocre. Benson got rocked in his first start, is that a sign of what's to come?

well i guess every single pitcher that has ever talked about Rick Pederson ...stating he is the best pitching caoch ...bar none ...they are either blowing smoke up peoples asses or dont know what their talkin about

Im not glorifying the trades ...did say their setting themselvese to have a good rotation next yr.

if you dont thinkl benson zambrano is an upgrade over the back of the rotation they did have your crazy

and what OMG benson got lit up his first outing....how dare he....cut him loose now

LEt the trades breathe a while before you rip them

Mr.R 1/2 empty all his life Spragga ..you have been on and off the mets all year ....just dont pay attention to them till next spring

from espn

Mets

True, they were seven games out of first place. True, they've never been more than two games over .500 at any point all season. So we understand why people looked at the Mets' two deals -- for Kris Benson and Victor Zambrano -- and thought, "Have they lost their minds?"

But in the end, we bet, they'll wind up looking smarter than many people think -- as long as Rick Peterson lives up to his reputation as Best Pitching Coach on Earth, and as long as Scott Kazmir doesn't go on to win 12 Cy Youngs.

It's up to Peterson to tap the magic in Zambrano's arm. To do it, he's going to have to make a whole bunch of walks and hit batters disappear. (Had Zambrano not been traded, he was on track to join Randy Johnson as the only American Leaguers in the last half-century to lead the league in walks and HBPs in back-to-back seasons.)

The Mets took a gamble in trading for Victor Zambrano. Now he must deliver for them.

But this is also a guy who throws 96 miles an hour and was holding opposing hitters to a .230 batting average. So he's eminently salvageable. In fact, Peterson reportedly told the Mets he could get Zambrano straightened out "in 10 minutes." And if he's right, that Mets rotation just got very dangerous.

Peterson is also the big reason Benson immediately told the Mets he wants to sign and stick around. Benson and Tom Glavine share the same agent (Greg Clifton). So Benson is well aware of what the pitching coach did for Glavine this year.

Obviously, Benson's 43-49 lifetime record doesn't make you think, say, Tom Seaver. But scouts who have been following Benson say he's cleaned up his delivery, figured out how to pitch and made himself a far more attractive commodity than the numbers on his baseball card might suggest.

So if that's his real self, and the Mets can get him signed, this potentially gives them maybe the NL East's deepest rotation for the rest of this year and beyond.

But what people are wondering is: At what price?

On paper, the three minor leaguers they traded -- Kazmir, pitcher Matt Peterson and catcher Justin Huber -- looked like their three best prospects. But there are mixed reviews on all of them.

Peterson was described by one scouting director as "a No. 5 starter" and by another as "a No. 4, at best." The same scouting directors questioned Huber's instincts and projected him as no better than a backup catcher in the big leagues.

So it's Kazmir who will ultimately determine the wisdom of these deals. And one scouting director called him "the best prospect traded by anyone this year."

But two other scouting directors we surveyed had their doubts. Both think he'll wind up as a relief pitcher. And, given his size (6-feet, 170 pounds), he'll draw comparisons to Billy Wagner -- not necessarily for the better.

Wagner, said one scouting director, "is much stronger physically than Kazmir. So to me, the best he'll be is a poor man's Billy Wagner."

Kazmir could prove everybody wrong -- or right. But you know there will be a lot of people in baseball -- and in New York -- watching him try.