Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Yankees stadium should never be moved!

Recently the Yankees have talked about a $750 million stadium built next to where the stadium is now. I dont think the Yankees should move an inch. The site of Yankees stadium should be considered a historical landmark. The home to the most successful franchise in sports history is something that should not be relocated even if it is right next door. This stadium is home to baseball legends like Ruth, Mantle, Maris, DiMaggio. Its the site of the only perfect game in World Series history (Don Larsen). The same stadium David Cone and David Wells threw perfect games in. I dont care if the new stadium is right next to it in the Bronx, it will not be the same field that has been home to Yankees legends from Ruth to Mattingly. The same field they played on. The Yankees mystique would not be the same in an ultra-modern $750 million stadium with luxury boxes. I would vote/march against it in a heartbeat!

Unfortunately I do not own the team and I understand the revenues that a new stadium could generate, but you just do not move the most historical franchise in the history of the sports that continues with its magical heroics making its mark in history year after year. I do not agree building a new stadium at this time or any time in the future. However, I'm sure it will be done at some point and I would hope that they at least include the white facade that surrounds the stadium in the outfield by moving the artchitecture into the new stadium.