Clubplanet Nightlife Community

the dead zone

Last night I managed to catch the ending half of this show called The Dead Zone. This was the first time I ever seen it. I was captivated by it right from the start. Maybe because of this particular episode only. I have no idea what the other ones were about.

The shows pretty much about a guy named Johnny Smith who once led an idyllic small-town life. Employed as a science teacher, he took great pleasure in showing his students the wonders of the natural world. He was engaged to a loving fiancée named Sarah, a fellow teacher he'd known since childhood. Johnny's life was nearly perfect... until the day his life was interrupted by a near-fatal car crash that left him in a deep coma for six years.

It's been three years since Johnny regained consciousness and discovered that life as he once knew it has completely changed forever. His mother has long since passed away, Sarah has married someone else - and he has a son who doesn't know him. Even Johnny is no longer the same person he once was: he now possesses amazing psychic powers which allow him to see into the past and future through visions triggered by touch.

Basically in this episode it was about a freind of theirs who was gonna be getting re-married. But this time its a little more personal I guess you could say. He finds out with his pshychic powers of "touch" that her previous husband who she thought died in combat is actually alive. He was being held captive for his medical background and was being forced to suture up the wounded.

They decide to tell her during the ceremony and she is left with this decision either to marry her new love or wait for her previous love whom she thought was dead to return. In the mitts of all of this, it hits Johnny because the lady who he now works with I guess... was his former wife who too had to decide when he was in a coma wheather to wait or move on with her life. She was told he would never wake up from his coma. This part was the peek of the show. He asked her to her face. "If you new there was a chance that I'd wake up, would you have waited??" She tears... pauses and says "How dare you ask me that!" and storms off.

So that made me think... If I were put in that situation to wait for someone who happend to be in a coma or missing and no body found, what would I do? Honestly I have no Idea! I think the right thing to do would be to wait. But as years go by, I think I'd honestly lose hope and probably try to move on. So sad. What would you guys do?? honestly...

So that made me think... If I were put in that situation to wait for someone who happend to be in a coma or missing and no body found, what would I do? Honestly I have no Idea! I think the right thing to do would be to wait. But as years go by, I think I'd honestly lose hope and probably try to move on. So sad. What would you guys do?? honestly...

its not something i could consciouly decide...but i would probably do the same. you cant wait forever, you'll be all fvcked up and jaded.