Clubplanet Nightlife Community

old post in SF history

Which the original S.F the one that had a real scene and it was all about the music on 27th street. Or the guido/babrie dragon ball z drug sniffing pots and pan listening clone crowd over at 46th street.

That's not entirely true. SF on 46th st. circa 97, 98, and 99 was not defined by spiked haired guidos doing drugs. Granted, drugs were present in the club at that time, but there was a much more chill, house music oriented crowd there, especially when Eddie B. was doing Saturday nights. Even after JP took over Saturday nights, the crowd was still pretty chill, and didn't start changing up until about late 99. Drug usage aside, SF circa 97, 98, and 99 was just a chill place to be.

You know you might have a point there rudeboy case i actually went to that factory in 98 a few times and had a blast. But also back then my musical tastes were a bit different.

Back then, there was much more progressive NY house music being played at Factory by JP, as opposed to the tech house and tribal he started playing later on. Now, the NY progressive style of that not-so-long ago period is sometimes frowned on, but in my opinion, it has a liveliness and quality about it that still holds a special place in my heart. I don't listen to that style of house music as much anymore, even though it's still phat, but when I do listen to it, I'm reminded of some of the greatest parties in NYC.

it was a post that covered every aspect from SF from early 90's until recent, i remember it mentioned something about how there were people that worked there who walked around selling ice cream from a cart at one time, but it discussed all the times there up til a few months ago