Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Kerry's former CO admits to lying about Kerry.. For you Igloo

sasser

Key Figure in Anti-Kerry Book Recants; Admits He Lied

By Staff and Wire Reports

Aug 6, 2004, 08:41

Email this article

Printer friendly page

A key figure in a veterans' anti-Kerry campaign, Kerry's former commanding officer, admitted today he lied when he said the Democratic candidate for President did not deserve the Silver Star.

Lieutenant Commander George Elliott now says he made a ''terrible mistake" in signing an affidavit that suggests Kerry did not deserve the Silver Star -- one of the main allegations in a new book, "Unfit For Command," which questions Kerry's fitness for President.

In the book, which is being promoted on conservative web sites, Elliott is quoted as claiming Kerry ''lied about what occurred in Vietnam . . . for example, in connection with his Silver Star, I was never informed that he had simply shot a wounded, fleeing Viet Cong in the back."

Elliott's statement refers to an episode in which Kerry killed a Viet Cong soldier who had been carrying a rocket launcher, part of a chain of events that formed the basis of his Silver Star. Kerry critics who were not present at the event have questioned whether the soldier posed a danger to Kerry's crew but his crew members have said Kerry's actions saved their lives.

Elliott now says he regretted signing the affidavit and feels Kerry deserved the Silver Star.

''It was a terrible mistake probably for me to sign the affidavit with those words. I'm the one in trouble here," Elliott added.

Elliott said he was no under personal or political pressure to sign the statement, but he did feel ''time pressure" from those involved in the book. ''That's no excuse," Elliott said. ''I knew it was wrong . . . In a hurry I signed it and faxed it back. That was a mistake."

The affidavit also contradicted earlier statements by Elliott, who came to Boston during Kerry's 1996 Senate campaign to defend Kerry on similar charges, saying that Kerry acted properly and deserved the Silver Star.

"What I did (signing the statement) was wrong," Elliott said. "Terribly, terribly wrong. I'm sorry."

© Copyright 2004 by Capitol Hill Blue

http://www.capitolhillblue.com/artman/publish/article_4985.shtml

Hmmmm.. I wonder how many more of them lied about Kerry.

CHB Investigates. . .

Anti-Kerry Book Author Preaches Hate, Bigotry and Homophobia

By WILLIAM D. McTAVISH

Capitol Hill Blue Staff Writer

Aug 9, 2004, 18:06

A co-author of the anti-Kerry screed, Unfit for Command: Swift Boat Veterans Speak Out Against John Kerry, is a religious bigot, hatemonger and gay basher who says Islam should be eliminated, calls Senator Hillary Clinton a “lesbo†and says “Ragheads are Boy-Bumpers as clearly as they are Women-Haters.â€

“Islam is like a virus,†writes Jerome Corsi who – with longtime GOP operative John O’Neill wrote the book as part of a project financed by Texas Republican contributors with strong ties to President George W. Bush.

“It (Islam) affects the mind,†Corsi writes. “Maybe even better as an analogy, it is a cancer that destroys the body it infects. No doctor would hesitate to eliminate cancer cells from the body.â€

Corsi posted these comments on the FreeRepublic.com web site on November 26, 2002. He is a regular contributor to the right-wing website, posting under the screen handle of “jrlc†since 2001.

A frequent gay basher, Corsi on November 18, 2001, posted: “Isn’t the Democratic Party the official SODOMIZER PROTECTION ASSOCIATION of AMERICA?†(The capital letters are his)

He reserves the same hatred towards Catholics: “So this is what the last days of the Catholic Church are going to look like. Buggering boys undermines the moral base and the lawyers rip the gold off the Vatican alters. We may get one more Pope, when this senile old one dies, but that’s probably about it.†(Posted on December 16, 2002).

Corsi refers to Democratic Nominee John Kerry as “John F*ing Kerry†and said on February 2, 2004 that “John F*ing Commie Kerry and Commie Ted (Kennedy) discuss their plan to hand America over to our nation’s enemies.â€

His religious bigotry extends to Judiasm with this March 4, 2004, post: “After he married TeRAHsa, didn’t John Kerry being practicing Judiasm? He also has paternal grandparents that were Jewish. What religion is John Kerry?â€

Besides John Kerry, Ted Kennedy, Arabs, Muslims, Catholics and Jews, Corsi also hates Bill and Hillary Clinton. A sampling:

“HELL-ary loves the Arabs so much (kiss, kiss Mrs. Arab*RAT) – wonder how she would look in a Burka?†(Posted on May 21, 2002).

“When is this guy (Bill Clinton) going to admit he’s simply an anti-American communist? Won’t he and his leftist wife simply go away?†(Posted February 24, 2002).

“Let the FAT HOG run!!!†(A reference to a possible Presidential run by Senator Clinton posted on August 30, 2003).

“Anybody ask why HELLary couldn’t keep BJ Bill satisfied? Not a lesbo or anything is she?†(Posted on June 8, 2003).

Corsi admitted on FreeRepublic.com on March 19 of this year that he was “jrlc†adding that “the VVAW and John Kerry are a field of interest to me. In 1972, I published an extensive study of the political protest around the 1972 Democratic and Republican National Conventions in Miami Beach, protests in which the VVAW was actively involved (the work was published at the Lemberg Center for the Study of Violence, Brandeis University, 1974). Jerome R. Corsi, jrlc on Free Republic. I'll be happy to clarify any other questions you might have.â€

Jerome Corsi has a PhD in political science from Harvard (1972), has written books on various subjects and is vice president and senior editor of U.S. Financial Marketing Group. He is also a contributor to wintersoldier.com, where he writes about John Kerry’s antiwar activities after coming home from Vietnam.

Reputable historians like Douglas Brinkley, author of the highly-acclaimed Tour of Duty, have noted about Corsi’s book, Unfit for Command, plays fast and loose with the facts when it comes to John Kerry. Corsi claims the Senator’s work as an antiwar activist were treasonous and claimed “Kerry and VVAW (Vietnam Veterans Against the War) consistently coordinated their efforts with communists.â€

Recently declassified FBI files show the bureau had VVAW under surveillance, as they did with many antiwar activists, but the files say agents could not find “any evidence of any affiliation or coordination with Communist elements known to be operating in the country.â€

In 1971, Corsi claimed Kerry proclaimed “Communists were right in maintaining that American values were corrupt and the only solution was for America to capitulate so Communism could continue to spread.â€

Yet that same year, on December 12, Kerry was quoted in the Boston Globe as saying “I don’t like Communists. In fact, I hate them. I hate all totalitarians. I’m totally dedicated to representative, pluralistic, free democracy.â€

“These are malicious fabrications in the heat of the election,†says Douglas Brinkley of the claims in Unfit for Command, adding that what Corsi and his co-author have written are nothing more than the grumbling of “malcontents who have never forgiven Kerry for his actions in speaking out against the war.â€

Few outside Corsi's narrow conservative Republican view escape his verbal assaults. He says initials for the news network MSNBC stand for “More Shit, Nothing But Communism.†(Posted on FreeRepublic.com on May 16, 2002), NBC Today Show host Katie Couric is “Little Katie Communist of NBC (which Corsi says stands for Nothing But Communism).â€

Celebrities are also a favorite target. On Martina Navratilova, Corsi posted on June 26, 2002: “Perfect Liberal – lesbian, self-absorbed, hates America, anxious to impose her values on everybody else.â€

And this on June 7, 2003: “Too bad the plane didn’t crash into the TV set of the NBC show ‘The Left Wing†– especially when Martin Sheen was acting.â€

(Our thanks to Media Matters for America for alerting us to this information along with readers who asked us to look into the opinions of Jerome Corsi because they said they were fed up with the tactics being used by Republicans and web sites like Free Republic.)

© Copyright 2004 Capitol Hill Blue

http://www.capitolhillblue.com/artman/publish/printer_5003.shtml