Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Outlook 2003 Cuts Spam

HAZE

Ever since they upgraded me to XP and Outlook 2003 at work, my spam emails have cut down alot. I use Outlook for my hotmail accounts along with my work account and it has a new feature where it doesn't download pictures that come in emails unless you tell it to. Most spammers keep track of pictures being downloaded from emails so if you don't download them, they think it's not a valid email address and they stop sending emails to this address.

I hate :spam: and I'm sure you guys do too so I thought I'd share that little tid-bit of info for ya.

outlook 2003 has a lot of cool things.

1 - 20 gig pst file (using unicode) rather then 2000/xp with 2 gig pst.

2 - auto preview on the lower right hand corner as mail comes in

3 - better sorting and seperate mail from different days

4 - supports IMAP email accounts!!!

cons

1 - office 2003 dont have orgchart built in. (need to copy a XP verson and put in the office11 folder

2 - very slow compared to 2000

Yea, it definately is slower. At work, I'm on a Microsoft Exchange server and it was litterally INSTANT with Outlook XP, now with 2003, it takes minutes.

The auto preview in the bottom right corner is great. And my spam emails have reduced DRASTICALLY to my hotmail accounts since it doesn't download the pics.

Yea, it definately is slower. At work, I'm on a Microsoft Exchange server and it was litterally INSTANT with Outlook XP, now with 2003, it takes minutes.

The auto preview in the bottom right corner is great. And my spam emails have reduced DRASTICALLY to my hotmail accounts since it doesn't download the pics.

i have my boxers on backwards...all your fault...

sorry, no more thread jacking

One thing that majorly blows about Outlook 2003 is any folder you have on your email takes up storage space on the server. Our max. is 4 MB and I have a bunch of folders that I have saved emails in and one of them is about 3 MB by itself. I don't know how to get around this either. Outlook XP would let you keep these folders in your email but it didn't take up space on the server. If anyone knows how to get around this problem, PLEASE let me know. Our tech support guy is on vacation and his fill-in doesn't know.

:pissy: