Clubplanet Nightlife Community

getting snubbed in clubs

I want to know how do people deal with getting snubbed in clubs...it seems that there are always rude people that you're going to encounter....is it any different in a club than in a bar..or any other place....it kills my high when I see somebody attractive and just want to make friends with them, and they reject you..wont even look at you....I never insist or force myself on people..always seem to move on...I just try to unite (as corny as that may sound)....But from what I observe - is that the the ruder you are, and the more arrogant one is, the more success one will have meeting people....is it just my perception- I hate to think that the club atmosphere promotes/(evokes) that...

I hate arrogance, but I don't want to be idle in a club either...after all I'm there for the people

its all about the crowd to put aside the music (the DJ and the deco and the rest)

my self esteem is fine...I just want to know how the rest of you deal with it?...and are there good, and better ways to meet people in clubs

PS is you want post up funny anecdotes of ways you met people cwm32.gifcwm29.gifcwm30.gif

------------------

Midnight is where the day begins

XTC.gif

Just ignore the people who're rude and "snubbish". Many times I just look at a person's face, and if they have a scowl on, I just move on...I mean if you're going to come to a club and fuckin scowl, just stay the hell home - you kill the vibe for others. Another way I test is, I just start with hello, or a compliment, or something and see the reaction...if their reaction is "bad" I just move on.

Screw the people who are assholes at clubs...just wipe them from your memory - for your sake!

Lately though, I don't even attempt to talk to people...I'm just too much into the music. Its funny...now I'm like that I've met more people than before - they just come upto ME and start talking!

------------------

Music saved my soul!

Thank GAWD for Twilo!

I honestly could care less who I meet in clubs..... I go with my friends and if I happen to run into somebody who's cool / awesome / whatever, it makes the night all the more exciting. But I don't actively SEEK OUT new and exciting people there..... I go there to DANCE.

------------------

-=Vejita=-

"Live through the week. Live for the weekend."

Dancing is fine.....but do you do it alone...I am not into the social scene....I actually rather not see people try to pick each other up...it always looks sleazy to me.....I mean making friends!...

Keep On Posting you anecdotes!

cwm29.gif

------------------

XTC.gif

ok....i know this thred is dead...but i am still curious.....please post funny ways you met people in clubs...

here's one from me....i was standing next to a urinal in a gents bathroom in SF(this was a long time ago)...and there were these two girls standing next to me...one asked the other for the time...as she didnt have a watch she started to such for one...and found one on my hand....i guess we all know where she was looking.... cwm32.gif he he....all 3 of us had fun that night......

------------------

Java.gif

Bcem npuBET !

There are alot of posers out there. Wanna-beez... idiots just trying to be kool..it's human nature..almost everyone in the club scene wants to be a star.. they want to be someone.. go there for the music only--right, your in a huge social environment... sometimes when the music is so good, the dickheads, and cuntballs don't matter-- just drop some E and stay on the dance floor with a quart of Evian..that's all you need to do.. i use to go to gay clubs or strongly mixed clubs...for the MUSIC.. when need to go out macking..i'll go to the mainstream mundane st8 clubs. cwm23.gif

------------------

goober.jpg

just a thought.. hell i don't even know if you're gonna check back on this post to read this... but after living in philly and goin to clubs here, and then being in nyc and going to clubs there, i've realized that those that are assholes to you are usually either the ones that require an entourage with them, or are standing like wallflowers making fun of who's dancing. don't let them even get to you, sad thing is, they're either really insecure, or they like drama, so they go out, act like they're the shit and couldn't give two shits about anyone else. you're absolutely right, they should just stay the hell home, and be pathetic. Half the time, i've noticed when i'm just at a club/bar with my friends and dont give a shit, that's when i get the attention, so you might as well just go with your own friends, and if you meet someone great, if you dont' then at least you had a good time with your friends. screw everyone else. That's my story, and i'm stickin to it. sorry it was so long

cwm44.gif

I hear what you're saying.. I *HATE* it when ppl are rude. There is NO need for rudeness at all. Especially in a club where everyone goes to have FUN! If you're in a shitty mood, stay home, don't ruin it for everyone. It definitely ruins it for me when someone does something disrespectful. And I find it hard to ignore as much as I'd like to ignore it. Another interesting thing that I noticed is that this happens more at certain clubs than others. There seems to be a trend of how ppl behave (with exceptions of course) in a certain club. No drama intended but in my experience, guys at Exit always ruin my night by acting like assholes. That's #1 reason why I don't go there. I cannot stand being disrespected and that totally ruins my mood. I love it when ppl are friendly. Don't need to be my best friend, but be polite and respect the others. It's really that simple.

Originally posted by msbobois:

i do remember once at a pvd night back in may...i thought the crowd was so snobby. then i got up to the dj booth and just started dancing, turned around and saw the most beautiful girl. i'm not lesbian or anything but i went up to her and said "i'm not picking up on you but i just wanted to let you know that you are so beautiful." that totally made her day and mine cos then i started feeling the good vibes around me.

thats what i'm talking about !!!!

safitamace319 ..i read all my replyes... cwm12.gifcwm15.gif

I'm glad all of you agree with me....

PS as far as EXIT goes..you're right nice club..cleanest and the newest...but the crowd isnt good..i need real club kids (no matter what age) around me...thats why i love TWILO...its like an indoor rave!

------------------

Java.gif

Bcem npuBET !

mysteriouss you're absolutely right, but funny thing, when i was Exit, i went up to visit my cuz who lives in nyc, i totally loved it, i thought the guys there just let you do your own thing, and that the guys here in philly were jerks and assholes compared to up there. hell, at least the guys at Exit dance, and don't stand there and just ogle you!! hang in there hon, next time just shove your heel up there ass, maybe they'll learn. LOL have a good day! cwm32.gif

Originally posted by safitamace319:

mysteriouss you're absolutely right, but funny thing, when i was Exit, i went up to visit my cuz who lives in nyc, i totally loved it, i thought the guys there just let you do your own thing, and that the guys here in philly were jerks and assholes compared to up there. hell, at least the guys at Exit dance, and don't stand there and just ogle you!! hang in there hon, next time just shove your heel up there ass, maybe they'll learn. LOL have a good day! cwm32.gif

LOL smile.gif Never been clubbing in Philly but I know a lot of ppl from there and I wouldn't wanna go patying with them. No offense of course wink.gif My heel will NOT be shoved anywhere, I don't need their s**t on my shoes LOL!!!!!!!!!! Exit is nice, I just had 1 too many bad experiences there frown.gif

i love meeting people at clubs cos you get to meet the most interesting people - from different backgrounds, schooling, etc. but if people are not ready to meet you...then who really gives a kaka...just one less headache in your life.

i do remember once at a pvd night back in may...i thought the crowd was so snobby. then i got up to the dj booth and just started dancing, turned around and saw the most beautiful girl. i'm not lesbian or anything but i went up to her and said "i'm not picking up on you but i just wanted to let you know that you are so beautiful." that totally made her day and mine cos then i started feeling the good vibes around me.

------------------

dancer.gifdancer.gifdancer.gifdancer.gifdancer.gif

MYSTERIOUSSS...leave Exit alone!!!!!..lol...damm girl.... smile.gif I love you but.........there is no way that people are more rude at Exit thant SF or any other clubs in NYC....its not clubs...its people....and your luck....I really don't meet rude guyz (well MAY BE sometimes)....its more girlz...ughhhhhh...I can't stand these stupid lil bitches w/ their attitudes.....walk around like they are all that....AND THEY NOT!!!!.....going to clubs for what???...I bet u they don't even know why they there.....just to be out in public and if you ask them who is the Dj...they don't know...but they will tell you that the bartender there is hot........ok......may be I have dif reasons I got to clubs for than they do....but please...keep your attitudes at home w/ mama............I think they should start charging for attitudes by the door... smile.gif

------------------

"I don't want you to love me........"

LOLAAAA!! I said that I liked the club. I just had 1 too many bad experiences there with guys! I don't go to pick up guys but I cannot stand being disrespected!!! That seems to happen every time I go to Exit, not as much at other clubs. It might be luck but this is how it is.. Girls are bitches everywhere frown.gif I did meet a few really cool ones at SF though. But that's rare. I'll go to Exit with you one of these Saturdays I promise. But you gotta protect me from those assholes!!!!!!!

Originally posted by mysteriousss:

LOLAAAA!! I said that I liked the club. I just had 1 too many bad experiences there with guys! I don't go to pick up guys but I cannot stand being disrespected!!! That seems to happen every time I go to Exit, not as much at other clubs. It might be luck but this is how it is.. Girls are bitches everywhere frown.gif I did meet a few really cool ones at SF though. But that's rare. I'll go to Exit with you one of these Saturdays I promise. But you gotta protect me from those assholes!!!!!!!

lol......why don't you come w/ me to Miami...u HAVE to let me know today...ok hun smile.gif

oh and as for Exit......I'll protect you...no problem.... smile.gif

------------------

"I don't want you to love me........"

Originally posted by risa06:

lol......why don't you come w/ me to Miami...u HAVE to let me know today...ok hun smile.gif

oh and as for Exit......I'll protect you...no problem.... smile.gif

Uhmm.. I have to take Friday and Monday off right? I'll ask if it's a problem... Did you make reservations yet? And 5 ppl is wierd with hotels and stuff..

Well to be honest I have been clubbing for a little bit and just a little while ago I realized that these places people don't go their primarly to hook up for that go to a bar its more soical anyway, places like the clubs discussed here are for let's face it exterme dancing and doing massive drugs period.

And the girls/guys who do go home with one another are either b/f g/f already or have met up with people as a plan before hand.

Being physically fit does not hurt your chances either, which most people will say "has nothing to do with anything" yeah right.

[This message has been edited by eldude (edited 11-09-2000).]