Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Ravers

j303j, that's too bad.

Cuz being raver has little to do with where you go, or what you wear or the stigma associated with the word. It's a state of mind... an appreciation and understanding of music... and appreciation and understanding of the people who are just like you in so many ways. It's about community and celebration, not the colour of your UFO's or how many pills you can cram down your throat in a night. It's a too bad you went through all that and never got it.

i did get it i mean i met so many friends from goign to them and all but i just never wanted to be catergorized when most peopel think of ravres they think of fucked up crazy looking 16 year old druggies i never had more fun in my life then goign to a great party they def were the best times of my life so far

------------------

IM TALENTED YES IM GIFTED NEVER BOOSTED NEVER SHOPLIFTED

j - That's my point though. We need to see beyond the stigma of the word, and the public's definition of what a 'raver' is and try to remember what it's all about. It's NOT about mashed out 16 year olds giving eachother light shows and backrubs.

Rob's response reflects what's wrong with people's attitudes. He implies that the uniform makes the raver. That's bullshit. I don't need to wear a visor and huff vicks to be a raver. I need enjoy the massive, to live the music, to feel the beats and the love of a thousand people all united for one purpose - dancing.

That's why I'm a raver.

------------------

sig.jpg

cold spoonin' on this lovely autumn day

spoonyd.iwarp.com

Originally posted by j303j:

well when i used to go to raves i still didnt call myself a raver and i never really called them raves they were parties i just hate that word rrave cwm4.gif

I totally agree with that. I went to parties consistantly for about 5 years...had the pants and the shell tops and all that shit. But I never called myself a "raver". It was just what my social life was. And a someone's social life (hopefully) doesn't define them as a person.

I do miss those days. Not the pants tho. Walking out of a party with sludge up to my knees. No thanks!

Nicole212

------------------

The music was our teacher...

The DJ was our preacher...

Now tell me if I reach you.

i rememebr walkign out of a party at liek 10 in the morn with my pants lookingh liek they had been to war so damn dirty gum stuck to them all over the place tons of flyers coming out of my pockets now those were the days

------------------

Originally posted by spoonyd:

j - That's my point though. We need to see beyond the stigma of the word, and the public's definition of what a 'raver' is and try to remember what it's all about. It's NOT about mashed out 16 year olds giving eachother light shows and backrubs.

Rob's response reflects what's wrong with people's attitudes. He implies that the uniform makes the raver. That's bullshit. I don't need to wear a visor and huff vicks to be a raver. I need enjoy the massive, to live the music, to feel the beats and the love of a thousand people all united for one purpose - dancing.

That's why I'm a raver.

you misunderstood

my point was exactly the same as yours

maybe i should have put it this way

"doesn't mean i wear flashing lights, but i'll throw on some ufo's a t shirt adn kicks and get loose for hours"

that was the point

-Rob

------------------

"No sane man will dance" - Cicero -

hmr3.gif

[This message has been edited by PFloyd40 (edited 11-08-2000).]

i guess you shouldn't categorize people but you could definately call me a raver and yes a kandy kid sorry to those of you who hate us but its what i love im in it for the music and dancing just like everyone else smile.gif

------------------

Ravers don't fall...they trip and roll! hehe;)

Kandygirl guestlist for Exit for reduced admission pm me:)

Originally posted by spoonyd:

That's why I'm a raver.

Hey....I guess I'm a raver too then.....I do huff Vicks though....lol

Mikey

------------------

Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger......

Media32975.jpg

[This message has been edited by mikey_m (edited 11-08-2000).]

i dont stereo type at all and yes i have met alot of cool people at parties and til this day i stil ltalk to alot of them and a few are very close friends i just dont liek to be classified as somethign thats all

------------------

at heart. I have a more trendy wordrobe....but twilo gets me sometimes, and im forced to rock a little raver stylo...(i.e. my flash shirt) Muahaha!!

------------------

A man makes his sunshine, and he makes his rain. Look at what you have, and where you are, before you say, "I've had a horrible day" Appreciate what you have, and realize how much others wish they could have that much. Live Life, and LOVE IT! --Me

"The Suspense is TERRIBLE....i hope it'll last!" -Willy Wonka

Sleep...Ah..Those little slices of death. How i loath them. - Edgar Allan Poe

flash.jpg

Originally posted by j303j:

do any of u guys still go to any raves

I do smile.gif Mmmm,...I'm not a kady raver tho, heheheh...no no no kandy fer me...but they r cuties, given that stuff away...i go into a party with no kandy and come out wearin tons of it smile.gif Big ups to da kadie kidz! smile.gif

I too raise my hand...the only reason i movd more towards clubs was because my music became more tasteful, tho in atlanta i have only been to raves...that and NYPD ended my raving days...as did the 18+ restriction, which came right before i turned 18...now its all good..and candy kidsa rent that bad at all..its the e puddles and cuddle puddles that get to me....

anyone go to good parties in nyc lately?

VJ

------------------

THE BEAT IS IN MY HEAD

AIM:Turbo SC300