Clubplanet Nightlife Community

who the fuck aRe the clowns on mtv right now~!?

dgmodel

mid to late 80's it was a uhf station that played music videos... competed with mtv, we didnt get cable in my neighborhood until about '91 area... so that was the only all video channel, there was the box (.75 cents a song thingy), and video music box which played hiphop... u68 then became the home shopping network or some shit... i dont know i dont really remember this is going back pretty far... (just reminded me of beta, and my first vcr ever that had a wired remote lol)

Great post man :rock:

I probably saw it then. But the one that really, I thought, made an impact on the music scene and advanced my understanding of the art was the box. Reading ur post, considering that the box that I watched was 100% hiphop at night, do you think maybe it was called Video Music Box ? My memory is thin there.

Either way, I really think that when people look back on the 1980s years from now on they'll see (even more than we know now) that the association and iconization of artists in music videos was so important for the artform in attaching representations and depictions of the artists that you would really not get even from just a live show. And I will always cherish those memories of hanging with my buddies or girls and first catching a particular video and enjoying or disliking it. Those thoughts are happy moments remain memories that last a lifetime, all because of the Box and similar stations. I salute them.

video music box only played hip hop and it was on ch.21/ch.25 in nyc...

the box was a pay per video service where you paid like .75 to see a video of of a song...

wow u gota good memory. Yeah it was ch25! :) so it was video music box :)

wow u gota good memory. Yeah it was ch25! :) so it was video music box :)

unfortunately not after a night of drinking... lol i can remember some obscure shit from twenty years ago but twelve hours ago after a night of drinking its all fuckin blurry haze of confusion...