Clubplanet Nightlife Community

U.S. Military Deaths in Iraq Pass 1,000

absolutv

As for recruiting underpriviledged kids, who would you have them go after, middle class kids who are on their way to State U to get a degree? The military is probably not going to get many of those b/c it isnt the best alternative for them. They are offering an alternative to working construction or cleaning bathrooms to kids who have nothing else. I dont really have a problem with that. I would join the Army b/f I would spend my life cleaning toilets.

Sounds Darwin's Theory ehhhh??? Survival of the fittest. I guess that's good in a way right? A great opportunity to off the dregs of society 100's at a clip by sending them into combat.

:rolleyes:

Sounds Darwin's Theory ehhhh??? Survival of the fittest. I guess that's good in a way right? A great opportunity to off the dregs of society 100's at a clip by sending them into combat.

:rolleyes:

I don't think it has anything to do with "survival of the fittest". As much as danger is involved, military service can open a lot of doors for people who really didn't have much of a future. Not to sound like a recruiter but a young adult can learn a trade, earn money for school, start a family, and join a fraternity that can make available plenty of contacts for future employment.

BTW, I only know of a handful of people who are currently serving overseas, and from what I know, the overall consensus is that our soldiers support our president and believe in what we are doing in Iraq. However, I have no evidence to back that up and I am aware that there is most likely some bias (where I live, the type of people I know, etc.) Does anyone else agree/disagree? I can't find any info on this and I imagine it is almost impossible to find.

You r right! in the military u have to understand that the level of understanding depends on who you talk to. If you ask a 19 yr old private, he doesnt question the order, he follows it. you ask a 30 yr old NCO he is driven by much part machosim, and he follows any order that means a bout. if you ask a 26 yr old captain from the marines, he is no doubt not the one to question orders, but a captain (reservists included) from the army is more likely to question the orders. But if you ask a 30 yr old major, or a career rank col or FCO genral, you will notice a lot of questioning of the orders, because it is these guys who are the one who issue the orders that get implemented, the onus is on them to make the right decision.

I know of person, quite a few officers who are just down right digusted with this war, the fact that we had to goto war for the benefit of another country. if you like to know more, just go and read more about gen. sensiki, frmr Chief of Staff US Army and his contempt of the civilians in the pentagon...who by the way are now under investigation for spying for israel.

I don't think it has anything to do with "survival of the fittest". As much as danger is involved, military service can open a lot of doors for people who really didn't have much of a future. Not to sound like a recruiter but a young adult can learn a trade, earn money for school, start a family, and join a fraternity that can make available plenty of contacts for future employment.

BTW, I only know of a handful of people who are currently serving overseas, and from what I know, the overall consensus is that our soldiers support our president and believe in what we are doing in Iraq. However, I have no evidence to back that up and I am aware that there is most likely some bias (where I live, the type of people I know, etc.) Does anyone else agree/disagree? I can't find any info on this and I imagine it is almost impossible to find.

I’m sure your words would be very comforting, to the families who lost loved ones.

That would be me........and yes it is very comforting to hear that some understand the cost of war and appreciate our fallen heroes.

Meet my cousin Arthur Mastrapa:

http://www.fallenheroesmemorial.com/oif/profiles/mastrapaarthurs.html

http://www.estripes.com/article.asp?section=&article=21956&archive=true

freedom_gift.jpg