Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Shef, Jeter, Lieber and El Duque stepping up!

njdionysus

And who would have thought that Alex had the balls to mow down a catcher like that. Sheffield is just rediculous 4-5 tonight and I think he was 3-4 the other night. The captain has been stepping up too lately, showing the way. He was 3-5 tonight and was on base 4 times the other night including driving in the winner. Lieber has had QUALITY starts his last 3 times out, going at least 6. El Duque would be my Game 1 starter right now, but first we've got to get by the Sox and those guys are just flat out playing crazy baseball right now. Banzaiiiiiiiiiiiii was 3-5 tonight too. Oh wait, it was against the Devil Rays... a team they should dominate!

Whats up with Mussina? Loaiza is a joke, but fortunately Contreras got rocked tonight only last 1-2/3 giving up 8 earned runs. Brown is a competitor and I respect that, but he is a fucking idiot too. This team needs to start hitting with the same consistency that is carrying the Red Sox. Then again if the Yankees do not come up with quality starts, they will be in trouble fast. With Jeter stepping up and leading by example on the field, this is going to make for one hell of a September showdown in the Bronx.

especially at home playing their september call ups. You will really know the shape of the team when you play minny. i bet if had to poll what team you would want to play in the playoff it would be the yanks because of their pitching. But that lineup is still pretty good. even though no one is hitting over .300 (maybe scheff after last night)

5 game

red sox

pedro

schilling

lowe

minny

sanata

radke

other guy

oakland

mulder

hudson

zito

angels

colon

old guy

lefty guy

yanks

moose -and his 5.00 era

vasquez -can he handle it

el dookie -who has to 45

I don't know about stepping up, it is Tampa after all. However, you can only play whose on your schedule and in that regard they've been pitching decent as of late. Duque's age won't be a concern because he's only started 10 games or so. He'll only get stronger as he gets more work in. FYI Lowe's ERA is still over 5....

duque is the only good thing in that pitching rotation for the yankees. but c'mon abusing the devil rays isn't that much of an improvement.

You silence yourself!! :mad:

Mike Mussina is on his way to recovery.. hopefully he can get in form for the last month of the season and contribute to the team.

I don't know about stepping up, it is Tampa after all. However, you can only play whose on your schedule and in that regard they've been pitching decent as of late. Duque's age won't be a concern because he's only started 10 games or so. He'll only get stronger as he gets more work in. FYI Lowe's ERA is still over 5....

i undestand lowes era is over 5 but baseball is trends, lets look at these guys for the last 30 days. In this 30 days the sox have played better teams then the yanks.

w L ERA

brown 1 3 5.17 and a broken hand

moose 0 3 5.64

vasquez 0 2 7.77

lowe 5 0 3.51

and he is our number three

i will give you leiber he is like 3-1 with a sub 3.00 era

and if dookie can beat us in one of the upcoming games then i will give him his due.

You silence yourself!! :mad:

Mike Mussina is on his way to recovery.. hopefully he can get in form for the last month of the season and contribute to the team.

if by recovery you mean getting his era from 7 to 5 then yeah he is coming back.

i undestand lowes era is over 5 but baseball is trends, lets look at these guys for the last 30 days. In this 30 days the sox have played better teams then the yanks.

w L ERA

brown 1 3 5.17 and a broken hand

moose 0 3 5.64

vasquez 0 2 7.77

lowe 5 0 3.51

and he is our number three

i will give you leiber he is like 3-1 with a sub 3.00 era

and if dookie can beat us in one of the upcoming games then i will give him his due.

Numbers can be skewed to make any arguement look good. I'll take Mussina over Lowe any day of the week....

Same can be said of Lowe...

how can the same be said he is 5-0 with a 3.51 era

moose 0-3 with a 5.64 era.one is going in the right direction one is not.

you can take moose i will take lowe he makes 12 million less and is putting up the same if not better numbers.

Numbers can be skewed but not these ones, one is doing good one is not, end of story. also its not like moose has lit it up in the post season, like el dookie. He is 36 right, maybe he is starting to delcine, who knows. His numbers would point that way.

how can the same be said he is 5-0 with a 3.51 era

moose 0-3 with a 5.64 era.one is going in the right direction one is not..

Too bad we don't measure a pitchers season by one month. You measure it over the course of the entire season. This season their numbers are almost identical. Lowe has more wins but a lot of that is because of how well the Sox are playing this month. If you measure it over a career it's not even close...

Numbers can be skewed but not these ones, one is doing good one is not, end of story. also its not like moose has lit it up in the post season, like el dookie. He is 36 right, maybe he is starting to delcine, who knows. His numbers would point that way.

If you want to base this off one season be my guest. I'd much rather go by TRACK RECORD. The fact is that Lowe has had one GOOD season (as a starter) while Moose has had one BAD season. Here are some more numbers that can't be skewed...

Lowe vsYanks 8-9 5.61 era .311 opp batting avg.

Moose vs Sox: 16-12 3.14 era .236 opp batting avg

Thats great and all but moose starts against other temas as well

Lowe number over the last 2 years

21-8 2.58

17-7 4.47

moose

18-10 4.05

17-8 3.40

just about the same except moose makes 12 million more, and lowe has won more games on a team that was not as good.

Thats great and all but moose starts against other temas as well

Lowe number over the last 2 years

21-8 2.58

17-7 4.47

moose

18-10 4.05

17-8 3.40

just about the same except moose makes 12 million more, and lowe has won more games on a team that was not as good.

Again, numbers don't tell the whole story... The 21-8 year IS his career year. He will never come close to duplicating that again. The 17-7 year is deceiving because the ERA is too high and the Sox had one of the Best offensive teams in history last year. He doesn't come close to 17-7 without that offense. Again go by track record. Over the last TEN years Moose has put up similar type numbers. Lets see Lowe do that before we put him in Moose's class...

its hard to judge him because he has only been a starter for 2 years, this is his third.

1 20 win season

1 no hitter

1 40 save season

I am not saying he is cy young but he is not say loiza.

He is also our third starter. His numbers are good for a third starter,atleast in the past 2 months.

if by recovery you mean getting his era from 7 to 5 then yeah he is coming back.

Everyone knows this is an uncharacteristic year for Mussina.

Not to make excuses, but Mussina's year has been full of unfortunate incidents..

He missed about 10 days of spring training due to a death in the family, he was one of the players extremely annoyed with the fact that they had to open in Japan, he finally started coming back around when he gets hurt and goes out for weeks, comes back and gets destroyed on the road several times, and then finally makes it back to the stadium and pitches a good game (2 runs with 8 or so SOs), and the damn Yankees can't get him a few runs.

Boo-hoo, yeah I know it's sad :rolleyes: but don't start destroying his 13 or so years of good, consistent pitching because he's having a hard time this year.

its hard to judge him because he has only been a starter for 2 years, this is his third.

1 20 win season

1 no hitter

1 40 save season

I am not saying he is cy young but he is not say loiza.

He is also our third starter. His numbers are good for a third starter,atleast in the past 2 months.

I'm not saying he's a bad pitcher. Like you said, he's a third starter. Mussina is and has been much more than that...

awwwwwwwww poor little baby.

d-lowe had skin cancer removed from his face last year right before spring training. skin cancer, 40 stitches, across his face.

no excuses that line up is staked any pitcher who could somehow not give up 5 or 6 runs should get 20 wins. You can tell how bad the starting pitchers have been by the fact the yanks have 52 come from behind wins. That is redonk. Moose should be 9-16 or 9-17. Those guys have bailed out those pitchers all year.

and let me say that i like moose and was pissed when you got him and we got manny. He has been a great pitcher, probably not hof, but great. Always classy only time I heard him bitch was about japan. Seem like a good team mate, he just might be on the down swing.

HOw did this get to a dlowe-moose comparison? I am not crazy and if i had to choose moose at 30 or d-lowe at 30 i would take moose. But A 30 dlowe-and a 35 moose, and factor in the money i would take dlowe.

I also understand that money really does not mater to the yanks.

awwwwwwwww poor little baby.

d-lowe had skin cancer removed from his face last year right before spring training. skin cancer, 40 stitches, across his face.

no excuses that line up is staked any pitcher who could somehow not give up 5 or 6 runs should get 20 wins. You can tell how bad the starting pitchers have been by the fact the yanks have 52 come from behind wins. That is redonk. Moose should be 9-16 or 9-17. Those guys have bailed out those pitchers all year.

Again, the same thing can be said about Lowe. The Sox may not have as good a line-up as the Yanks player wise, but they are actually producing better than the Yanks. The only major categories the Yanks are better in (I think) are Home Runs, and stolen bases...

HOw did this get to a dlowe-moose comparison? I am not crazy and if i had to choose moose at 30 or d-lowe at 30 i would take moose. But A 30 dlowe-and a 35 moose, and factor in the money i would take dlowe.

I respect your opinion, but I guess we just have different philosophies... I think at this point, Lowe is what he is. On a good team he'll get you wins in the teens and eat up innings but have a higher ERA. He's a good number 3 and that's it. If you need him to be more then you're in trouble. I'd rather have an older Moose..

yeah see it all comes down to money d-lowe getting wins in the teens 15 or higher at 7 mill ayear

or moose getting wins in the teens 15 or up at 15 million a year.

lowe will get 16-17 wins this year he got 17 last year and 21 before that. Those are his win totals as a starting pitcher, so i figure he is a 15-17 wins a year with a 4.50 era pitcher. Probably will be for the next 4 years, moose excluding this year should be a 16-17 game winner but not for the next 4.

all this moose-dlowe debating is taking away from the fact that as a whole right now, the Yankees staff is looking like they're not gonna carry the team when the Yankees make it to the postseason. the sox are looking like the team to beat right now seeing as Pedro and Schilling have been lights out over the last month with Lowe and Arroyo not bad options for third starter