Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Terror's Pals In The Press

igloo

TERROR'S PALS IN THE PRESS

By RALPH PETERS

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Email Archives

Print Reprint

September 15, 2004 --

JOURNALISTS across the world are horrified. A U.S. helicopter gunship killed an al-Arabiya producer in Baghdad. And the international solidarity between scribblers immediately kicked into gear, outraged at American brutality.

Not a single journalist asked the fundamental question: How is it that "reporters" from al-Jazeera and al-Arabiya are on the scene immediately when U.S. troops are ambushed or when a massive car bomb explodes?

It doesn't take a new CIA director to figure it out. Arab journalists are not only in contact with terrorists, they're in collusion with them.

Time and again, we see dramatic video and photographs from the terrorists' angle, killers with rocket-propelled grenades on their shoulders and blackened U.S. military vehicles.

Iraq's a big country, the size of California. Baghdad's a big city, a blue-ribbon victim of urban sprawl. It's simply impossible to believe that the handful of Arab TV journalists on the scene are so brilliant that they instinctively know where the action's going down.

Our journalists need to drop the feigned naiveté. Reporters who cut deals with terrorists for gory footage, who know a terror bombing's on the way and say nothing or who accompany thugs as they ambush U.S. soldiers, are not neutral observers.

As this column has consistently maintained, al-Jazeera, especially, is not a news organization. It's an anti-American propaganda bureau. Does anyone imagine that al Qaeda and other terror groups — the head-choppers for Allah — send their tapes to al-Jazeera because the postage is cheaper?

We are at war. Not only with terrorists, but with their supporters. That al-Arabiya producer joined forces with killers who ambushed a Bradley infantry fighting vehicle. He wasn't a journalist. He was a terrorist. Whether he carried a camera or a gun.

Our gunship didn't target him. It fired at the disabled Bradley so looters couldn't make off with weapons, ammunition or communications gear. Self-defense. The looters and terrorists clambering over the vehicle were fair game. So was their sidekick from al-Arabiya.

OF COURSE, we can't even get our media house in order here at home. It's been a loathsome week for American journalism.

CBS won't name its source for those "incriminating" documents about President Bush's National Guard service. That would violate its high journalistic principles (although lying about our president does not).

Instead, we get poor old Dan Rather, the crazy uncle of network news, insisting that those documents could have been typed on an early-1970s super typewriter, that there might have been just the right outrageously expensive machine in that fly-specked National Guard office — and that an officer who had never used it before would use it for note-taking.

Let me share some reality with Uncle Dan. I served in our active-duty military five years after those documents purportedly were written. I was in Army intelligence. And only the big boss's secretary had an electric typewriter — one too primitive to create those documents.

I worked on a manual machine made in East Germany (swear to God). In 1977. In a front-line division. The National Guard got the junk we didn't want.

CBS lied. The sad thing is that they just might be able to stonewall America.

That's network news, folks. Defend forgeries. Defend "journalists" who support terror. Let our soldiers die. Let the American people rot. And trash our president in wartime.

No wonder al-Jazeera and al-Arabiya get away, literally, with murder.

I really wouldn't go that far to say that the media and the terrorists are in cahoots. There seems to be alot of shit going down in bagdhad, if i was a reporter i would be there too. Now if this happened on one of the suppy roads in the middle of no where you would have a point.

Also as our media follows along with our troops, i am sure their media follows around their "troops". Just like documentry makers follow around terrorists (ie death in gaza).

I believe that this is a blank statement with no real proof, and is based on speculation.

The other part about rather is fucked up, cbs fucked up, and should of made sure that was credible before running the story. I believe it is fake and they can try to say whatever they want.

But no one i know really gives a fuck about what either of these guys did 30 years ago.

Let me ask you guys something - on what basis do you call an Iraqi (not talking about the foreign Arab fighters) picking up a gun to fight a foreign occupying force a "terrorist"?

"Time and again, we see dramatic video and photographs from the terrorists' angle, killers with rocket-propelled grenades on their shoulders and blackened U.S. military vehicles. "

so ambusing US military vehicles and Bradleys are now terrorist acitivities??

its simply part of the job description. how could anyone feel bad for a journalist who gets his head blown off ? If u don't want to run the risk of being killed, don't stand on the wrong end of a gun.

So I guess Richard Perle had it coming too huh. Just wrong place wrong time.

you do not know what you are saying

About attacking an occuping force you are wrong also. These people are not trying to defend themselves from an outside force. Most attacks are funded by outside influences aimed at causing mayhem and instibility, and trying to make the job of the US harder. That is why they blow up oil pipelines.

you do not know what you are saying

About attacking an occuping force you are wrong also. These people are not trying to defend themselves from an outside force. Most attacks are funded by outside influences aimed at causing mayhem and instibility, and trying to make the job of the US harder. That is why they blow up oil pipelines.

YOu're talking about many different factions. Would you say that the al-sadr army are not Iraqis? fighting an occupying force.

Thats why I qualified my post by saying that I was talking about the Iraqis taking up arms, not the foreign fighters. A lot of rebellions in countries are funded by outside forces (incl. the US).

Would the Kurdish uprising be any less of a rebellion because it was funded by the US?

I'm not saying that anyone had it coming but if u put urself in the line of fire, don't be surprised if u get shot. That doesn't sound like common sense to u?

I see what you're saying...I'm just surprised of the double standard people have. WHen its a muslim who murders a reporter, people are in arms about it, talking about barbarians, etc, etc. But when its done by an Israeli people try to justify it. Hypocritical (I'm not talking about you, just people in general).