Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What BOOK have you read that has left a lasting impression on you?/?

georgym

A book that the story is so vivid to you, it's like you read it just the other day

For me, it would be these 2:

Jack Kerouac On the Road

It just makes me realize how vast, diverse and wide open the USA is, and it engendered that desire for travelling to new lands and exploring new things that i love

and

Ernest Hemingway The old man and the sea

Perhaps not my favorite Hemingway novel, however, the emotion and feelings that it emits are neverending. It made me learn that thru persistence, we can get whatever we want. Also man/womankinds relation to the animal kingdom (we're not that far apart).

def The Twits

Book Description

"If a person has ugly thoughts, it begins to show on the face. And when that person has ugly thoughts every day, every week, every year, the face gets uglier and uglier until it looks so ugly you can hardly bear to look at it."

How do you outwit a Twit? Mr. and Mrs. Twit are the smelliest, ugliest people in the world. They hate everything -- except playing mean jokes on each other, catching innocent birds to put in their Bird Pies, and making their caged monkeys, the Muggle-Wumps, stand on their heads all day. But the Muggle-Wumps have had enough. They don't just want out, they want revenge.

Puffin Books!! now thats good readin.

hmmmm, lasting impression on my life, i don't know, most books i read are fiction, and i read em to enjoy to imagery it gives me... but i'd have to say the karma of brown folk made me think a lot, and made me look into a lot of different things...

0816634386.gif

about brown people in america mostly, starting from when they started coming here to now, the change in the immigration practices, and how we've changed in perception here...

The Winner by Donald E. Westlake

Brave New World by Aldous Huxley

Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk

The nympho and other maniacs by Irving wallace

The handmaids tale by Margaret Atwood

The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand

Harrison Bergeron by Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

Ain't I a woman by Bell Hooks - I :heart: Bell Hooks