Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Robots: The Review

kfitz73

Got to Table 50 around 10:15 or so. Once I got to the door I was told that they were still "setting up" for the party and wouldn't be ready till 11. They gave me a drink ticket and said I could have a drink upstairs. I went to Wendy's for a quick bite to eat instead. Once I got back I was about to ask for Nick like he told us last week but at that point they decided to let me in. Once I got downstairs I saw Billy & Dennis on the couch. Apparently there was another party that was finishing up so that was the reason for the delay. Once they got on (about 11 or so) things were better. Music was good. Not their best set but still solid nonetheless. Around 1 Jake Fairley started his set. Music was pretty good for the time I was there. I'm no expert on DJ equipment so I had no idea what he was using. (No turntables, no CD players, no laptop ) He also had a mic and did his own vocals. Very unique, something you don't see everyday. I broke out at 1:30 so I could function at work. (so far so good) Overall I had a good time. I just hope they straighten out the door situation so I could get there earlier and enjoy more of the night...

Before I came to the Robots party I went to sully for a sirius techno party. The music was hard driven and I was there for about an hour. One of the dj's had a live pa going and it was cool. But I wasn't feelin the people there. They seemed to be all high or way out of this world. People snorting and shit. I said fuck this and my friends and I went to the robots party.

It's hard for me to gauge it though cause this is new to me. The music and the vibe. I wasn't wasted on alchohol or drugs which I don't do and can honestly say the music was very moving and nrgetic. The guy who was making the music which I guess this jake fairley was killing my ears with his singing. I must say though I was def moving to his baselines. Everyone was vibing very well and this being my second time here I notice the trueness of what the dj's are trying to convey. The Techno wasn't blaring cymbals it was more darker. Maybe it has a better description but I am not a techno expert. The dj's I loved. I was outta there around 3 or so I believe. I will continue going here cause of the nrg and the vibe in this place.

Peace Digital