Clubplanet Nightlife Community

IronDJ/Urban Momentum Review

AMAZING!!

Damn where to begin, it's just so much.

Frying Pan/Pier 63...FANFUCKINTASTIC venue/location.

The actual dance competition started at 830 and I wasn't there for it. I got there around 11pm and got to see the finals. Dementia was one of the finalist and so was Tweetie but she bailed for some odd reason. Anyway Dementia squared off against Salah from FRANCE. Yup, the momentum guys flew this cat over from France, that's how nice he is. Salah won and rightly so, this cat is AMAZING!! Holy shit this kid gives dancing a whole new meaning, it's SICK!! He even had Brian Green bowing down n what not, he put EVERYONE to shame, not to shame but just it was very inspiring and appreciative and he's the nicest guy too as all of these wonderful dancers at these events are.

All the House Conference heads where there and they tore it up as well.

The Iron DJ event was pretty cool. Jen Mas Vs Winter. The secret selection was Classic Rock. So they had 30min each to incoroporate a certain selection of Classic Rock that was provided, mix it in with their own stuff. Jen Mas did this extremely well, she threw in Hendrix, Stones, and just a good amount of shit mixed with Hardcore and it was amazing, at the end she threw down breaks and started scratching, holy shit this women is amazing. I think it was just too damn good and Dj Winter maybe got intimidated and didn't mix any classic rock and just threw down Jungle. Jen Mas won.

2 other djs went up and threw down SICK selections.

I heard Bra by Cymande and I went INSANE!! Kiss by Prince, Need you Tonight by INXS, a WIDE selection of Michael Jackson tracks, Billie Jean, Off the Wall, Rock with you and remixes. Wu Tang Clan remixes with Missy Elliott GOD DAMN!! What a night. Only 10 beans to get in beer was 5 beans, great ppl, a lot of people who didn't know what this event was about and man it was great seeing their looks and just hearing them go oooo and aaaa.

Brian Green did some sick ass footwork as usual and broke it down like I have never seen him do it before, he did all this shit with the winner Salah and it was just great I mean fucking fantastic. I just had no idea what to do with myself, I just just awe strucked.

Def a memorable night, left around 330ish cuz I was just really tired n sleepy but man man man, WOW, I love this stuff. Amazing amazing.

Hardcore, Jungle, Breaks, Funk, Soul, House, Hip Hop, 80s, Electro, you name it they played it ALL, scratch mixing. What a fucking night, this is what NYC is about

Goodnight :bowdown::hat:

just got home from shelter ...

yeah i was gonna go to this

some kids promoting the event asked me to enter...but i had important stuff to do.

and that kid dementia is down with my boy hypno...so i guess he represented poppin.

what style did Salah rep?

i had fun at shelter though

btw Timmy Regisford is the SHIT!....i was too tired but the music was too good...so i got stuck and stayed for a while...had me dancing for hours.

typical mscrew night out with me goes like this: DAMN DUDE IM TIRED IM LEAVING EARLY, WAIT ONE MORE SONG, WAIT ONE MORE HR, lol see the pattern. Timmy and shelter are a great combo sucks we had to leave early cause of being hurt and tired. But around 4am 5am is one the other flock of shelter heads come and dance until 12 or 1pm.

sounds like you were in heaven. Me and eliseo were having a blast at shelter. Now we need for ya to show us some of those fancy moves youve picked up hehe. Hey tues CIELO come thru for the PLAYGROUND PEEPS.

Oh I was in Heaven man, this is the shit I LOVE. Hah, show you moves, i WISH, if I could be even half as nice as any of those cats, damn thats saying a lot.

Yup i'm def going to CIELO for PLAYGROUND. Maybe i'll actually dance, been a while. I've just been going out but mainly just chillin.

that kid dementia is down with my boy hypno...so i guess he represented poppin.

what style did Salah rep?

Wurd, yah Dementia is really good. He won the pop n lock at the last house conference competition. He was nice all night.

Salah, hmm, I can't say just one. He does EVERYTHING. For the competition though he did...damn I just can't describe, you had to see it for yourself but it was some sick nasty shit and it's just too fucking nice.