Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Destination Fridays @ Ikon, 10/15

I think it was a hard night to promote the Godskitchen party going against Sasha. Everyone I know ended up going to Sasha @ Crobar. Even though the club was empty, I still had a good time djing and the thought of giving me a chance to spin with godskitchen is always an honor. I definitely think Godskitchen has great potential, especially since they have such a great organization in New York and they are trying their best to please the New York Crowd (one of the hardest to please in the world). I think DT should be a night to be expected. A night of great music and party people. I'll be on the floor losing it, hope everyone joins! Thanks for listening to my music & my long post. See you all at DT on October 29th @ Ikon!

-Powerstar Im

www.aerecordings.com

I think it was a hard night to promote the Godskitchen party going against Sasha. Everyone I know ended up going to Sasha @ Crobar. Even though the club was empty, I still had a good time djing and the thought of giving me a chance to spin with godskitchen is always an honor. I definitely think Godskitchen has great potential, especially since they have such a great organization in New York and they are trying their best to please the New York Crowd (one of the hardest to please in the world). I think DT should be a night to be expected. A night of great music and party people. I'll be on the floor losing it, hope everyone joins! Thanks for listening to my music & my long post. See you all at DT on October 29th @ Ikon!

-Powerstar Im

www.aerecordings.com

Powerstar .. Congratulations kid ..i see you moving up .. you deserve it my man with such great music you play

i will see you on the main floor on Oct. 29th ...

peace

the MASK

must say i was pretty disappointed, but how is ikon going to compete with sasha, and more importantly , in the long run, crobar? crobars been pulling the real talent, and not for nothing, but who listens to micro anymore? the name alone reminds me of going to raves when i was like 15 years old. All in all, me and my girls ended up getting down to reggeton til 3 cos that was the only place that had people dancing in it. everything else was dead. Im not hating, because anyone trying to please my tastes has to work hard, and I know danny will be off the meter, but c'mon. With a club liek exit, its going to feel empty with less than 1000 heads in there and u need to pull the talent to pull the crowd.

it's all about booking diversity in my opinion;

crobar and their staff are great, love em..but eventhough sasha is brilliant and such a talent, he's going to stick to more of a particular sound which of course has worked for him for many years..but,

now on the other hand, godskitchen has brought in house dj's, techno dj's, tech house and breaks dj's..they've provided something fresh for the palatte..and it's not like godskitchen has brought in small names either..emerson, pullen, pappa, carter/farina, grayarea, max graham...these aren't small names..godskitchen has tried to provide something fresh, something new..

with ken ishii coming up this friday, oct. 22nd, then DT for the 29th and then DJ Vibe on the 5th, i think we can all anticipate some amazing music that people will all enjoy thoroughly.

peace,

dj