Clubplanet Nightlife Community

tipping...

dgmodel

thread #3 on tipping... (i cant find the other two... lol) what professions normally get tipped and who doesnt~!? cable guy~!? gas man~!? grocery store bagger/carrier~!? doctor~!? lawyer~!? elephant~!? where the fuck is the book on tipping... how do you know what proffessions get what and how much~!?

thread #3 on tipping... (i cant find the other two... lol) what professions normally get tipped and who doesnt~!? cable guy~!? gas man~!? grocery store bagger/carrier~!? doctor~!? lawyer~!? elephant~!? where the fuck is the book on tipping... how do you know what proffessions get what and how much~!?

you tip doctors?????

you tip doctors?????

I usually get my doctor something nice for the holidays never cash ..A nice Bottle of booze or a tie or something... I've been going to him for years tho and he never bills me for deductables and copays and shit... thats the only reason I do it.... I always ask myself.. If I was in this guy's shoes what would I expect? It's always better to tip someone that might not usually get tipped than to have someone you have to see again be pissed that you didnt take care of them....

The one you really wanna hook up is the person who takes appointments for the Doc... he/she can get you in to see him if you're in a bind.. I always get her a gift certificate... she hooks me up

my uncle is a cardiologist...one of the best in europe....he's loaded..all because of "co-pays"

There are lots of "copays" going on in europe....its not uncommon for a surgeon to get a 10-20k "copay" to get someone bumped up on a waiting list.... yes folks a waiting list for bypass surgery...

who tips the gas guy?

what about the guy who dries your car at the car wash? i always tip them.

as for a dr, it depends how much their services meant to me. definitely wouldnt tip my general practitioner. maybe if i had heart surgery i would get the dr an orchid or a nice bottle of wine :laugh: sounds corny. i have no idea what is appropriate.

do i tip amazon for selling me the book or the fed ex guy for bringing it to me~!? (plus didnt want to buy the book thought maybe i could get some free advice on here...)

you tip doctors?????

fuck those motherfuckers, make me wait for hours on end... appointment at 8am i see the dr. at 11am... yeah that makes sense... go fuck yourself with your paycheck and your hmo, under the table monies and perks you get from big pharma... long live policy 511d~!

i think it goes by how much out of their way someone goes for you and helpful they are... just my 2 cents

good point, but what constitutes out of their way~!?

thats the ukranian in him...in eastern europe u either tip the doctor..or die

lmao...

does any ever get second hand embrassment from hangout or being around people who do not tip and sometimes acts like an ass ?

hell yeah, i feel like such a schmuck if someone undertips or doesnt at all... it urks (sp~!?) me so much that i wind up tipping for them...

who tips the gas guy?

what about the guy who dries your car at the car wash? i always tip them.

gas guy gets a tip on a full tank ill just round of to the nearest five and he gets the difference... so if its like 15.65 ill give him a 20 and say keep it...

but my gas guys are funny and put up with a lot of my shit, and tomfoolery....

carwash guys i rarely tip i dont know why, butcher gets phatty tip, laundrylady gets a tip, the fishguy (aka my fishmonger) gets a phatty tip but both him and the butcher hook me up love love styleeee~!, food delivery, service writers are the dealership get a tipped, cabbies, cable guy, repairmen, waiters, bartenders, doormen, bellhops, those are the ppl i tip... but the argument started with my father because hes old school and from another country he only tips waitresses/waiters... everything else gets the "feegoozmahkooz" (make a fist and put your thumb under your pointer finger and that what that is... i guess a ukrainian middle finger or whatever...) so he says that i tip everybody, and when was the last time somebody tipped me... if someone goes above and beyond the call of duty then that dictates a tip according to him, everything else is just their job... who knows... i guess ill wind up picking up that book at b&n...

The one you really wanna hook up is the person who takes appointments for the Doc... he/she can get you in to see him if you're in a bind.. I always get her a gift certificate... she hooks me up

haha i LOVE people like you around the holidays. i do all the jobs in the office since i'm the only other one there other then my boss, and it definitely has its rewards not just around christmas, either because they like me or they want me to hook them up for an appt. or both. i get discounted massages, other job offers or connections for other job offers, discounts at other doctors, free and discounted food, alcohol, dry cleaning etc...lol i get more perks then my boss does :laugh:

I'm a pretty good tipper...i think it's since i was a waitress and learned to appreciate it more. i don't tip the bathroom person though, other people i go by how well the service is (obviously). I guess it depends on if you feel comfortable tipping that person (i.e. cable guy, grocery bagger etc). others are kind of expected (cabbies, waitress, car was attendant, etc)

its not REQUIRED that you tip in most places or to most people, its a choice

Theres a strange thing that happens in the town i'm from in italy.... waiters, bartenders etc. never get tipped and dont expect it.... the same with taxis and alot of other people we usually tip here.... but they'll tip a salesperson in a store after they've haggled them down to what they want to pay.... its the stupidest shit I've ever seen ...

the whole tipping thing started way back in the day and the word tip is an acronym for "to insure promptness..." and it was given before a meal, this goes back to when businessmen would go out for lunch and in order to get served quicker than others they would offer an incentive... blah blah blah

i hate bathroom attendents.

There are some that are beyond inappropriate.

There is one club, rather not say the name, bigone, in Hollywood, where the dude actually has his name on the entrance to the mens' room in signs everywhere .... "welcome to the restroom, i'm ... your bathroom attendant extraordinare blah blah blah for tonight" and he's like directly traffic like an airtraffic controller on the tarmack at LAX with 3 thousand bottles of 1970s colonge on the counter and 20 million different types of breath mints from the far edges of the earth ... and he's hollaring and moving around and swinging his arms.

You wanta say just stop and say " .... geez ... what other restrooms are you performing at this week. Im your biggest fan."

There are some that are beyond inappropriate.

There is one club, rather not say the name, bigone, in Hollywood, where the dude actually has his name on the entrance to the mens' room in signs everywhere .... "welcome to the restroom, i'm ... your bathroom attendant extraordinare blah blah blah for tonight" and he's like directly traffic like an airtraffic controller on the tarmack at LAX with 3 thousand bottles of 1970s colonge on the counter and 20 million different types of breath mints from the far edges of the earth ... and he's hollaring and moving around and swinging his arms.

You wanta say just stop and say " .... geez ... what other restrooms are you performing at this week. Im your biggest fan."

lol that is pretty funny. god forbid i ever end up in that place.

thats the ukranian in him...in eastern europe u either tip the doctor..or die

dood. i think matt is getting robbed.. (either that or he's holding out on me) he never tells me about getting "tips" or perks. i usally get more "gifts" than he... holiday time my office is filled up with food baskets, gifts and candy from all of my vendors. :D

fuck those motherfuckers, make me wait for hours on end... appointment at 8am i see the dr. at 11am... yeah that makes sense... go fuck yourself with your paycheck and your hmo, under the table monies and perks you get from big pharma... long live policy 511d~!

hey... now.. i am sure not all doctors are like that. haha.. actually my sister works for a big health care company and she told me its more the hospitals than the individual doctors that make the big $$$$ demands.