Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Mini Oakie review for VJ

As you asked brother.

Originally posted by herbalist:

Okay, I don't really get what the BFD about this guy. He played a 2 hour (okay maybe 2:30 set). The music was average at best. He really got it going towards the end of his set, but poof he was out of there like magic. Hey Oakie, I hope the door doesn't hit you in da' ass on the way out.

I hope this makes sense, but the tracks standing on their own were good, but so many times when he changed over to the next song, he stopped your dancing. Maybe it was his mixing, maybe the selections themselves. I don't know the lack of congruence was disturbing.

As far as the venue, the Mayan has to be ashamed of themselves for this BS checkpoint system they had set up. They'd devided the club into all ages (read dancefloor and upstairs) and 21+ areas(main bar). Every single time you wanted to go from one to another you had to bust out your id. Hello???????????? Anyone heard of wristbands or stamps. This set up pissed me off more than walking up to will call and seeing the schedule. D:Fuse was tight. But I didn't shell out 35 bonez to see him! I feel pretty taken.

Can't wait to see S&D in December. Digweed put this guy to shame.

My opinion and mine alone.

H

------------------

"If music be the food of love, play on."

— WS

esmil.gif

Yeah..was reading teh GU board and im reading its maximum cheese at its finest...lots of thumping pounding bass with some familiar tracks but 2 hours? come on..i guess thats what you get when the guy does a 2 weeks tour...thanks...

------------------

AIM:Turbo SC300

------

-Bom.