Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Posada for Randy Johnson??

bxbomb

uggghh as much as i didnt want that trade to go down

I wish it did :mad::frust::unhappy::doh:

Are you kidding me... This is probably the most rediculous thing I have ever heard.

Yeah we needed pitching. But this trade would be pretty fucking stupid. I would rather give up this year and hold onto a great catcher than to trade for someone who is 40 years old. We need to get younger not older.

Are you kidding me... This is probably the most rediculous thing I have ever heard.

Yeah we needed pitching. But this trade would be pretty fucking stupid. I would rather give up this year and hold onto a great catcher than to trade for someone who is 40 years old. We need to get younger not older.

right and you just said it pitching

Randy Johnson in pinstripes from the trade deadline on we are in the world series

I was dead against it when it was proposed(see the original thread from a few months ago) and fully understand the ramifiacations of that trade dude,relax im in the same boat as you right now.

trying to be funny with the whole topic again and thus the little smileys etc. trying to bring some levity to this brutal morning

but as stated if the trade was done the yanks are in the sereis , and i dodnt minfd bringin up the topic again seeing how bad of a post season posada had defensively/calling a game and offensively

right and you just said it pitching

Randy Johnson in pinstripes from the trade deadline on we are in the world series

I was dead against it when it was proposed(see the original thread from a few months ago) and fully understand the ramifiacations of that trade dude,relax im in the same boat as you right now.

trying to be funny with the whole topic again and thus the little smileys etc. trying to bring some levity to this brutal morning

but as stated if the trade was done the yanks are in the sereis , and i dodnt minfd bringin up the topic again seeing how bad of a post season posada had defensively/calling a game and offensively

and the age thing you bring up posada will be 34 next season , when do CATCHERS start to break down???

and RJ who is a top 10 pitcher of all time only seems to get better

goddamn im frustrated

and the age thing you bring up posada will be 34 next season , when do CATCHERS start to break down???

and RJ who is a top 10 pitcher of all time only seems to get better

goddamn im frustrated

Was this trade really close to happening or was it just a rumor? I can't ever see the D'backs ever agreeing to do this. You don't rebuild with 34 year old catchers. As far as the breaking down thing is concerned, Posada is a little different because he was an infielder for most of his minor league career so he doesn't have the normal wear & tear catchers his age do...

For one, there are plenty of examples where age means nothing. Sure Randy is 40, but can u name a better pitcher in the NL than him?

In fact, he is one of the most dominant pitchers in the history of the game. To get rid of him for a DESCENT catcher (posada has seen better years) would be a stupid trade for Arizona.

Randy can go on for 3-4 more years with the same stuff he has now. He's DETERMINED to win a championship. He's 10X more valuable than posada :rolleyes:

For one, there are plenty of examples where age means nothing. Sure Randy is 40, but can u name a better pitcher in the NL than him?

In fact, he is one of the most dominant pitchers in the history of the game. To get rid of him for a DESCENT catcher (posada has seen better years) would be a stupid trade for Arizona.

Randy can go on for 3-4 more years with the same stuff he has now. He's DETERMINED to win a championship. He's 10X more valuable than posada :rolleyes:

No one gets my point. The YANKS are built on OLD players. It is time to go YOUNG. Everyone of our older players have had injuries this season. Every fucking one of them. It is time for a healthy younger team. And no I would not get rid of one of the last core people on this team for another 40 year old pitcher.

I dont take anything away from Randy Johnson. He is amazing. Just like Clemens But it is a higher risk.

i think a trade between the 2 teams can be arranged in the off season. there might be a few players that the yankees would like to get rid off that would probably fit in AZ. loaiza, giambi and even posada.

even though the D'backs are rebuilding they would probably still want players on the ball club with good experience.

No one gets my point. The YANKS are built on OLD players. It is time to go YOUNG. Everyone of our older players have had injuries this season. Every fucking one of them. It is time for a healthy younger team. And no I would not get rid of one of the last core people on this team for another 40 year old pitcher.

I dont take anything away from Randy Johnson. He is amazing. Just like Clemens But it is a higher risk.

of course we get your point , thats been a yankee problem for a while (not gettin young) THe point of the thread is that if they did make the trade they would be waiting for the winners of the card/astro game not the bosox

and as i said jorge is not exactly young at 34 for a catcher(2 good yrs left maybe then downhiill like every over 30 catcher)

so if your askin me if i would get rid of the feeling i have had since last night , and it would have cost me a 34 yr old catcher(albeit a core player since 98)for a hall of fame pitcher that has showed no signs of slowing down .....yeh it hurts and i would in hindsight make the trade

was it really posada for johnson or was there more. Maybe contreras??

and then i bet the d=backs would trade posada for prospects. it makes sense now, johnson would only go to new york so they could not turn him into prospects, so they do the next best thing and trade him to the dodgers or angels.

first it was Navarro and cash and other prospects , then Az wanted Posada , (colangelo did see in the past he thought Contrears was good, still not sure if he was to be included)

cashman camre right out in the papers when the rumors were swilring around and said NO WAY would jorge be included in any deal

jtk your hatred for posada you should have been all for that trade

still bitter i see about last years bloop off of pedro :half:

remember bloop basehit by Luis Gonzo cost the yanks prob their 27 ring , so they all count bloop or blast