Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Damn you Cigarrettes, Damn you!

nycguy420

I am on Day 2 of quitting smoking cigarrettes. I hate everyone already and am really edgy all of the time. I almost cracked and had one today, but so far I've stayed strong. I'm dying for one right now, but I know its a nasty habit, even though there soo good. I love having one after a big meal, or after a blunt, or even one when I'm bored. But they are so badd for you, and it's kinda nice to go to the gym and work out and not be short of breath. My girl hates kissing me after I smoke a stogie, says I taste like an ashtray. Anyone else here quit smoking or try. How succesfull were you. Who smokes, Who doesn't.

I am on Day 2 of quitting smoking cigarrettes. I hate everyone already and am really edgy all of the time. I almost cracked and had one today, but so far I've stayed strong. I'm dying for one right now, but I know its a nasty habit, even though there soo good. I love having one after a big meal, or after a blunt, or even one when I'm bored. But they are so badd for you, and it's kinda nice to go to the gym and work out and not be short of breath. My girl hates kissing me after I smoke a stogie, says I taste like an ashtray. Anyone else here quit smoking or try. How succesfull were you. Who smokes, Who doesn't.

i used to smoke a pack of newport lights a day from 95-98, i stopped by starting to smoking marlboro ultralights, then everyday or every week push forward when my first cig of the day was... so if typically i had it at 6am on the way to work, then id try to go for 7 or 8 and gradually push it up later and later... eventually it would go to days, and you reward yourself on the weekend... you can smoke all weekend, but not during the week... then eventually you move onto only smoking while you drink or whatever or after a good meal on the weekend or whatever your poison is... eventually you dont even crave or care for them, and you only smoke them from time to time when you drink... thats how i did and thats how i do it now... good luck and welcome to cp...

if you do this system and it works for you im considering this a poormans patent and this copyrighted and i want royalties and monies owed... lol

i used to smoke a pack of newport lights a day from 95-98, i stopped by starting to smoking marlboro ultralights, then everyday or every week push forward when my first cig of the day was... so if typically i had it at 6am on the way to work, then id try to go for 7 or 8 and gradually push it up later and later... eventually it would go to days, and you reward yourself on the weekend... you can smoke all weekend, but not during the week... then eventually you move onto only smoking while you drink or whatever or after a good meal on the weekend or whatever your poison is... eventually you dont even crave or care for them, and you only smoke them from time to time when you drink... thats how i did and thats how i do it now... good luck and welcome to cp...

if you do this system and it works for you im considering this a poormans patent and this copyrighted and i want royalties and monies owed... lol

Yea, that's how I quit too. I smoke a cig once in a blue moon if I'm drunk.

Stay strong man. Eventually, you won't even want one.

I pretty much used to smoke only when I was drinking, but lately I've been smoking alot more :( I never really considered myself a "smoker" because I never smoked more than 1 a day, but now I'm afraid I'm getting addicted or something cus I have cravings all the time. Ugh... why am I always so drawn to things that are bad for me??

This sounds like a great method to eventually lead to quitting, or even just cutting down (I'd be happy with that). I'm gonna take your advice and use this method instead of trying to quit cold turkey, and thanks for the warm welcome I appreciate it.

good luck with it and stick to it no matter how hard it gets, its a bad habit . i want to quit also but dont have enough willpower yet! again good luck to u and dont give up, u already got thru the hard part, the decision to quit

I quit when cigs went over $5 a pack. Man, that was like 3 years ago. How much r they now, like $7.50 in NY?

I was sick with bronchitus(sp) and I was coughin' shit up like crazy so I didn't smoke and I stopped for almost a week, and I said, "Why start again?" and I just stopped.