Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The price of clubs these days....

Damn! and we moan and groan about the cost of getting into philly clubs!! geez. when i went to nyc a couple months back, Exit was 20 bucks to get in on <A HREF="http://www.clubplanet.com/guestlists/" TARGET="_blank"> guestlist</A> , i could handle that, thinkin damn, we throw a fit here in philly if we have to pay 10-15. how weird! and now i see things like 35 bucks, or 45 bucks, arent these clubs big enough and attract enough people to not have to charge so much, or is it just the cost of living and partying in nyc? i mean i know those clubs are huge but still, they see thousands upon thousands of people a night. and 8-9 bucks a drink? my God i could have like three here! but the deal is this, some philly clubs are fickle, good one week, suck the other, and plus it'll be worth it to go a couple hours north to see you guys smile.gif just had to comment on that, not being stingy, but it seems outta control. the only time i saw an ad for 30 bucks to get in here is for Egypt tomorrow, Armen, adam x, a couple other renowned dj's are coming here and that's why it's soo much. i guess i'll just have to sell my ass and save up for nyc in a few weeks! hehehe. hope to meet you guys soon.

------------------

"Well you think i'd leave ya lonely... you know me better than that... if you'd think i'd leave you down when your down on your knees... well i wouldnt do that.. you're so much better than you know..."

aww join the club (no pun intended lol.) girl i know, even as a student, you figure your broke, but they make it soo tempting to go out, you find ways. hang in there, maybe we can work at a club, and that way have our fun and get paid for it. smile.gif~~~

------------------

"Well you think i'd leave ya lonely... you know me better than that... if you'd think i'd leave you down when your down on your knees... well i wouldnt do that.. you're so much better than you know..."

annmmm i think you nailed it on the head with "the cost of living here" ... people can pay..why not charge them....but then again there's always webster hall for the kiddies...15$ with <A HREF="http://www.clubplanet.com/guestlists/" TARGET="_blank"> guestlist</A> before the reasonable hour of 7pm ...i think cwm20.gif

but the drink are mad expansive...fawking water 4$...and the bartenders dont even offer the change..just keep that buck and assume they are getting a tip..assholes (yes and i am talking about twilo) cwm23.gif whats the deal?

------------------

Midnight is where the day begins

Java.gif

Bcem npuBET !

hehe unbound i know what ya mean. i went to Exit, water fuckin 5 bucks unless you get it from the bathroom. the nicest bartender i had was at Float, i asked for water, he gave it to me in cup and just walked away, i ended up not paying. jeez, it's water you know> but hey with everyone rollin, they figure why not fleece ya for water too? next time i'll smuggle in my own if they dont take it away from me.

------------------

hey welcome to the city everyone, new york loves to suck it all out of you and people love it, the cost of living here has to be the most in the nation, freakin crazy. but these clubs know that they have the industry on lock down so they can charge the big bucks. did anyone notice how all the club prices seem to all go up within the same month. coincidence or not

------------------

TWILO'S WACK !!!! I only speak the truth

peace

FRANK ALVEE IS BACK AND IN FULL FORCE

i remember the good ol' days in 96-97 when i was living in orlando, fl. the clubs were $5 get in, the beers were $3 and those bartenders will serve free cups of iced water around 3am.

and the girls were VERY attractive, 99% white and viturally no immigrants in the crowd..

i will miss 'firestone' 'renaissance' and other clubs in orlando.

wow. you people actually pay to go to clubs? why don't you just tell the clubs you want to be a promoter? i'm a promoter for a lot of clubs in new york city. and the only ass i promote to is my own. they dont pay me enough to promote for them. i want a 45% cut of the door. otherwise promote my ass.

Economics, dealing with owners, patrons, and 14 yrs Dj'ing has taught me that the price of the club and its contents are all directly related to it's capacity and break even point.

MEANING: yes they want to make a profit, but they DO have crazy expenses just to get that door open, electricity alone at EXIT (biggest NYC club) might be as much as 10,000 a month.

Then there are the promoters, (name DJ's), licences, and AND DONT forget who they have to pay off! Big one right there.

------------------

Use email DJmikeDR@aol.com

PM way too slow!

I don't know about the rest of you, but I usually go the clubs where I have hook-ups. I'm not paying $30 - $40 just top get into the damn club. Don't get me wrong I am in no way cheap, but I end up spending three times that amount at the bar. Come on people, what happend to hook ups?????

------------------

The only difference between a saint and a sinner is that every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.....Oscar Wilde