Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Carlos Realm hands down!!!!!!

hmmmm not saying that they are not good DJ's Hype but I believe that it is the club owners call. (and if there are promoters that night perhaps theres as well) on who will be opening up for a headlining DJ such as Teneglia, Oakenfold or whomever. I believe they come in and do their thing, collect their money and thats it, where they might be curious as to what was played already I doubt that Teneglia said I want Anthony DeVitto to open for me. Teneglia probobly doesn't or until that point didn't even know who the hell he was!!! Reason for DJ's like that opening for major DJ's is expense cost, and those DJ's do a good job for a lot less then most Residents therefore you bring in a DJ like that to open for a headliner if you want to cut on costs.

not tryin to argue with you Hype just giving telling u how it works. Premo n the rest of those guys r cool, they just havn't proven to carry a huge following or I'm sure places would be giving them their residencies.

hmmmm not saying that they are not good DJ's Hype but I believe that it is the club owners call. (and if there are promoters that night perhaps theres as well) on who will be opening up for a headlining DJ such as Teneglia, Oakenfold or whomever. I believe they come in and do their thing, collect their money and thats it, where they might be curious as to what was played already I doubt that Teneglia said I want Anthony DeVitto to open for me. Teneglia probobly doesn't or until that point didn't even know who the hell he was!!! Reason for DJ's like that opening for major DJ's is expense cost, and those DJ's do a good job for a lot less then most Residents therefore you bring in a DJ like that to open for a headliner if you want to cut on costs.

not tryin to argue with you Hype just giving telling u how it works. Premo n the rest of those guys r cool, they just havn't proven to carry a huge following or I'm sure places would be giving them their residencies.

Wrong. Teneglia knows and asks that person to open up for him. He knows Anthony has skills and thats why he has him there with him.

I'm not sayin Realm is a bad DJ in any way nor am i sayin he is underrated but he shouldn't be compared to house DJs if he is going to play hip-hop and classics and what not.

Bottom line is guys like Bugout, Premo and Anthony DeVito are def the most underrated and the most overlooked DJs in Jersey. They deserve a resesidancy. Each of those 3 DJs have opened for some of the best DJs around. Premo opened for Jorge Jaramillo recently at Deko and for LeeCabrera at DJAIS in summer 03, Bugout opened for Dumonde at Shelter recently and DeVito has opened for Tenaglia at ARC. These guys must be doing something right if well known DJs around the world are having them open for em

All three djs do deserve a shot to be residency in Jersey, but do they NO. As you can see hip hop is mainstream now and that is what a lot of people want to hear. Carlos does know house music, but he is doing a great job, not saying you said he isnt but he is. For example look at what happened this summer at Seaside. All of the house music venues were dead all summer. XS playing a diverse of music and that is what people want now. Another example at Deko on Thursday house sessions was moved downstairs cause the diverse of music of hop hop, 80's & rock is in. Carlos is a resident at 118 and he has to tend to the crowd and by doing that he builds his credibility. So far every Saturday 118 has to been none of one of Jersey hot spots. Just cause he plays a bit of hip hop does not mean he shouldn't be compared to other djs listed above. One night when Carlos plays next to my boy Mario Calegari @ FUEL stop in. Cause of a lot of dj played there & Mario gives a lot of credit to Carlos for what he has thrown. Another DJ I give credit more then anyone here is Mario Calegari. The man plays in the RIO Parade in Brazil and has his own LOVE MOBILE. Bouncing from country to country and playing with top dj's. The man knows his shit.

Trust me on this I know you know your music and I do too. But I hear Carlos play all the time and he has residency. I have to give him credit for holding it down for 2 years at 118. I know your not knocking on Carlos, but I know how he plays and im just explaining it.

(?) is are you going to PVD @ IKON for NYE?

Victor Soto

I doubt that Teneglia said I want Anthony DeVitto to open for me. Teneglia probobly doesn't or until that point didn't even know who the hell he was!!! Reason for DJ's like that opening for major DJ's is expense cost, and those DJ's do a good job for a lot less then most Residents therefore you bring in a DJ like that to open for a headliner if you want to cut on costs. QUOTE]

Someone emailed me the link to this thread so I thought I would give you the correct info. I know Danny for a long time and was asked BY HIM to open and even cover for him when he was away a hand full of times. The party @ Vinyl was his party and he decided who played before him.

Anthony DeVito :)

I doubt that Teneglia said I want Anthony DeVitto to open for me. Teneglia probobly doesn't or until that point didn't even know who the hell he was!!! Reason for DJ's like that opening for major DJ's is expense cost, and those DJ's do a good job for a lot less then most Residents therefore you bring in a DJ like that to open for a headliner if you want to cut on costs. QUOTE]

Someone emailed me the link to this thread so I thought I would give you the correct info. I know Danny for a long time and was asked BY HIM to open and even cover for him when he was away a hand full of times. The party @ Vinyl was his party and he decided who played before him.

Anthony DeVito :)

Anthony I have never heard you play but have heard good things. Ok in this case then yes perhaps, but what I am saying is that in most situations what I explained is basically how it works.

Actually any party that is music driven the resident DJ Chooses and if not he approves who the DJs are that play his room.

Danny Tenaglia asked ADV to open for him many times and im sure he will again. He also Asked Teo T To open for him and they both did great jobs.

Not all parties are based on "how many people the dj can bring" Some parties are actually music driven and the DJ is chosen to play music not bring people. If they have a following and they do the right thing musically than great!

Its our job to keep the party goin and have different promotions and keep it fresh with different ideas. DJs job is to rock the room and play good music.