Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Geez, does anyone still like hip-hop anymore????

Lately, and i know this is a club board and all, it seems that besides my circle of friends here, there's not that many people that i meet that are still into rap, meanwhile i'm the one who's really diggin artists like Musik, common, Jay-Z, etc. what happened? is anyone still interested. and for anyone who cares, i have all three of dmx's cd's and by far i think the first one was the best. just my dolla's worth.

holla back!

cwm41.gif

------------------

"Well you think i'd leave ya lonely... you know me better than that... if you'd think i'd leave you down when your down on your knees... well i wouldnt do that.. you're so much better than you know..."

i'm still a huge hiphop fan , just seems that as of late ( last few years ) hip hop has been crap ... i've been listening to old stuff lately like " ready to die " and "it was written " actually ... new wu is supposed to be dope ... they need a come back ... i saw krs one liek last week and that was dope ... rawkus is producing good shit as always

------------------

header_mockup_r1_c3.gif

flapping_e0.gif

joey, nice pic to share with all of us really~! LOL. yea you're right, i mean it seems they still talkin bout the same shit Biggie was talking about in like 96. anyways, i'm still a huge biggie fan, KRS is off the heezy too. i know i'm forgetting a ton of good rappers, i still like jay-z's flow though, his voice just rocks it. wu is legendary, and the funkmaster flex cd is ok. but that's like last year already. just my two cents. all of my friends think it's kinda funny that a girl like me owns all of dmx's cd's but i say it makes for great aggressive city driver music... don't you think? cwm32.gif

------------------

"Well you think i'd leave ya lonely... you know me better than that... if you'd think i'd leave you down when your down on your knees... well i wouldnt do that.. you're so much better than you know..."

Originally posted by joeydollaz:

i'm still a huge hiphop fan , just seems that as of late ( last few years ) hip hop has been crap ... i've been listening to old stuff lately like " ready to die " and "it was written " actually ... new wu is supposed to be dope ... they need a come back ... i saw krs one liek last week and that was dope ... rawkus is producing good shit as always

Ready to die was definitely the shit. All modern rap though is garbage. It became too commercialized. THe days of "THe Chronic", and "ready to die" are done. Rap used to be hardcore; bash the cops, east vs. west, etc. Its good that the east made up with the west, but all this friendlyness killed the music. Rap was never about "bling blingin", it was about life on the streets. It lost that.

okeee, that was my two cents

Dima

oh my my my, how could i forget the Roots? talk about a very good group, they're new album is great and plus they're from here. hehehe. shame on me for forgetting them. bad Maysoon, bad! ok now i've really lost it, working nights is just screwing me up.

------------------

I like the rap too, but haven't heard much lately. Not been on the radio much and most of my friends don't listen to it... Def up with the Cypress Hill, and dmx (although don't have the CD's)...

It's very hard to keep up with everything I like.... frown.gif

cwm25.gifcwm12.gif

hip hop is alright but its getting boring, just the same thing dayin and day out. inmy changer i still have tu-pac and biggie, and they will never leave the changer, quality songs about real life, not the bullshit they rap about now on who has more money and the nicest cars, those guys are just concedeed and they bore me, the old stuff like snoop and dre is what its about

safitamace319my email is msoprano13@yahoo.com and my aim is msoprano13

i just got you pm email me alright peace

------------------

TWILO'S WACK !!!! I only speak the truth

peace

FRANK ALVEE IS BACK AND IN FULL FORCE

i miss tribe they were my fav hip hop group of all time now q tip has totally sold out and it dissapoints me hip hop now is all about the bling bling or all about the violence

------------------

IM TALENTED YES IM GIFTED NEVER BOOSTED NEVER SHOPLIFTED

oh my god. finally someone with a hip hop topic. i love hip hop. it's hip hop till i drop... (from all that dancing.. not the vitamin...) as i been saying all along on this thing... they should change it to hip hop on the main level in Exit. i would be there every weekend. GOD GO MAKE ME LOOSE MY MIND. UP IN HERE, UP IN HERE! oh and don't forget about reggae.. sim simma who got da keyz to my bimma... HeY pOppY! HmMmm i'm going down down baby... it's all about da benjamins.. ah i could go on and on... and once they drop biggie.. it's all ova.. the joint would just explode.. ah... memories.. aight that's my 2 cents.. time to get some TLC in my system...

cwm24.gif Though I can't say I'm a huge hip hop person, I am definitely psyched that DMX is quite possibly coming to my university for a free concert this Spring (along with Incubus, for anyone who may listen to that stuff too). It may not be my absoloute favorite, but I can't deny bugging out when I'm at a party and they're playing old school shit... it's great stuff, and it definitely spans various levels from getting you to think to just getting you moving.

- Meli -